locking your keys inside the Cali

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Last year there were a number of post about people being locked out of there Cali's getting out leaving their key in the van shutting the door only for it to lock it's self with the keys inside. When away we ensure the last one out takes the keys but until today it has never locked it's self. For those interested mine locked by the following action. had the drivers seat turned around, side door closed but ajar. While sitting in the seat must have pushed the drivers door lock button down with my elbow (the button where the flashing light is) Opened sliding door got out to turn the gaz off and shut the sliding door. Result little red flash and doors locked. :cool

Last year there were a number of post about people being locked out of there Cali's getting out leaving their key in the van shutting the door only for it to lock it's self with the keys inside. When away we ensure the last one out takes the keys but until today it has never locked it's self. For those interested mine locked by the following action. had the drivers seat turned around, side door closed but ajar. While sitting in the seat must have pushed the drivers door lock button down with my elbow (the button where the flashing light is) Opened sliding door got out to turn the gaz off and shut the sliding door. Result little red flash and doors locked. :cool
If you’ve worked through the identification process of We Connect and are unlucky enough to have locked your keys inside, you can use We Connect to unlock it. Theoretically this works from anywhere in the world, as long as your Cali has a mobile connection.
It’s a good idea to set up We Connect before you need it in anger!

If you’ve worked through the identification process of We Connect and are unlucky enough to have locked your keys inside, you can use We Connect to unlock it. Theoretically this works from anywhere in the world, as long as your Cali has a mobile connection.
It’s a good idea to set up We Connect before you need it in anger!
Unfortunately many of the California year 21s don't have this function on the we connect The 20s do and the 22s do but for some reason not the 21s.