Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Long stay parking at airport

M

McMeefia

We have booked a flight from Gatwick super early and are considering staying in the Cali in the long term car park (with the top down) for about 6 hours so that we can get a better kip. Is this a big no no? Has anyone tried this before? We don't fancy having to leave the house at 2am to go to the airport.
Thanks
Matt

If you are taking cali don't forget about the height! Check restrictions before you go. Heathrow alow over height vehicles to park on ground floor.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Some of the hotels around Gatwick used to offer very good parking rates which made a stay in the hotel worthwhile. Not sure if any do these days but it may be worth looking at. I used to use the Copthorne a lot years back which worked out well with a brief courtesy bus.

I've just had a quick look - this looks like a decent offer; an overnight stay and 8 days parking for £73. Bargain!

http://airport-hotels.gatwickairport.com/park-and-stay.html

Long stay parking at Gatwick is open air, so height wise you should be fine.

cheers

We used the Long Stay at Gatwick recently with no height problem in our Cali.

I guess you could kip in the van - don't see why not.

We stopping at the services on the way to the airport (Long Stay doesn't have a toilet block) and had lovely sleep with no problems at all.
Bed to check-in took about 15 minutes.
I felt very smug watching all the weary travellers arriving at the car park. :thumb

Good idea that much better than being tired :thumb :thumb