Long time VW van fan

Perfectos

Perfectos

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello everyone, thought I’d take the opportunity to say Hi

I have been an owner of VW vans on and off for over 25 years, T2 Devon, T5 caravelle, T5.1 combi and Now T6 Beach.

Had the Cali since summer, got it as an Ex demo, really high Spec, really impressed with it so far, despite a bit of an issue with a missing DAB function, but that’s another storey for another day, camped in it several times, several other trips planned this year and jaunt to Bénodet booked for next summer.

Great Forum, really informative and knowledgeable friendly people, glad to be a part of it

Not a bad pedigree there Perfectos just missing a 1,3,4.:D
:welcome

Not a bad pedigree there Perfectos just missing a 1,3,4.:D
:welcome

Welcome OP.

Wonder if anyone on here has done the lot? Split-Bay-Brick-4-5-6? :)

I've got a few gaps sadly (done T3 (x2), T4 (x1), T5 (x1), T5.1 (x2)) - long way to go yet, no fan of splits and as much as I love the tank like T4 I don't think I'll be going back ever beyond a T5 now... ;)

Certainly more power than the T2 couldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding and brakes were shocking.

TBH the T5.1 was the 140 engine and loads of torque, combi so quite light, I think the caravelle was the 174.
The 150 cali engine suits the 2 wheel drive fine, plenty of torque and plenty of power when when needed. Not a sports car but hey 4 people can’t sleep in a sports car !

Progress is forward, nostalgia isn’t what it used to be !

Love the classics to look at, practicalities of owning and driving in modern environment is something different

Welcome aboard :thumb

Welcome allong !

Welcome along. I have wanted a T2 Devon since my teens. Now a proud owner of a T6 Ocean in my 40s and know this was the sensible choice (even if a little part of me would still love a bay!)

Believe me a T6 is from another planet, T2 great classic looks, for me it’s what got me into VW vans and van camping, just so far detached from a T6 it’s unbelievable. Don’t get me wrong I had some great times with the T2 and have some fantastic memories, still love the T2, but now I’m glad to look at them rather than work on them!
Enjoy the comfort, power and safety of your T6.

Back