Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravelle business conversion

M

Mr James Hunt

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello and thank you for the invite. I have recently sold my T5.1 Transporter campervan and I now own a T5.1 Caravelle Business with a view to converting it to Cali spec if poss. The Business has most of the luxury's I wanted in the camper so it seems an opportunity to convert not to be missed! However I am going to enjoy the Caravelle as is, at least until next summer. Looking forward to being a long time member on here as I am a big fan of the Cali.

Welcome allong , any chance you are the reincarnated F1 legend ? :D...

Famously got chucked out of a nightclub in Doncaster I recall. Welcome.

So donny lad ?

Hello and thank you for the invite. I have recently sold my T5.1 Transporter campervan and I now own a T5.1 Caravelle Business with a view to converting it to Cali spec if poss. The Business has most of the luxury's I wanted in the camper so it seems an opportunity to convert not to be missed! However I am going to enjoy the Caravelle as is, at least until next summer. Looking forward to being a long time member on here as I am a big fan of the Cali.
Caravelle Business ~ wow, that’s an expensive donor vehicle for a conversion! Welcome.

We had a 2005 Caravelle. Started with some conversion, swivel seats and a leisure battery, but we were put off at cost of a pop-top when we were already having turbo issues.
Problem with Caravelle is the rear heating set up is across the main roof, so pop-top means lossing all that, or expensive redirecting of ducts and outlets. There were one or two firms firms that offered it, but it added a premium.
The bench seat in the Caravelle is the same as the 3-seater bench in the Beach, you just need the multiflex brackets and board.

We had a 2005 Caravelle. Started with some conversion, swivel seats and a leisure battery, but we were put off at cost of a pop-top when we were already having turbo issues.
Problem with Caravelle is the rear heating set up is across the main roof, so pop-top means lossing all that, or expensive redirecting of ducts and outlets. There were one or two firms firms that offered it, but it added a premium.
The bench seat in the Caravelle is the same as the 3-seater bench in the Beach, you just need the multiflex brackets and board.
The Business has twin singles, not a bench.

Welcome.

As Stoneybroke said above having a pop up roof is very complicated and expensive because of the climate control vents. I had a Caravelle Exec that I wanted to convert but could not justify the cost. Kernow Transporters in Cornwall have done in the past, maybe worth contacting them.

Back