Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for an auto electrician with experience of California's in Nottinghamshire area

S

SiMain

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi
I have an on going electrical problem with the fridge (the fridge works fine) which I don't fully understand and have had a couple of people look at it without success. Feels like I have to try and explain the whole leisure battery set up and it seems like the blind leading the blind. Just wondered if anyone could recommend someone in the North Midlands/South Yorkshire area who knows about this. Thanks

"I have an on going electrical problem with the fridge (the fridge works fine)"

What are we supposed to do with this?.What exactly isn't happening?

Is it about thesame problem you started two other threads ?
@sidepod , this is the going problem i think

If you start various threads on thesame issue , people will keep giving thesame answers.

If non of the given tips in the other threads helped , try VW ?

Ah, so looking for the magic trick but without putting any effort in to find the problem. Got it.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I have had the fridge checked by Penguin Refrigeration (as per helpful previous suggestions). They said it was working when they tested with a separate power source but the voltage from the leisure battery dropped when it reached the fridge and that was why it didn't start. They suggested an auto electrician but I haven't found a local one with experience of the California set up. That was all my enquiry was about and if driving 300 miles to try and resolve it wan't 'putting any effort in' then fair enough - thanks for the help.

Well the first question is have you tried it on a seperate 12v battery remote from your leisure battery?
Whip the one off you car and connect that to the fridge. If the frigde works then your leisure bats are fooked.

After that, go through and check all connections are tight and not coroded. Put a volt meter on the fridge connections and see what you have, less than 10 and a bit and it won't work.

Thanks - they are new leisure batteries and have been tested. The voltage is much lower than 10 on the fridge connections (about 1) but over 14 coming from the battery. It is losing the voltage between the battery and the fridge and could be damaged wiring or as you say loose connections? This is why I'm looking for an electrician. :) No problem if no one can recommend anyone, I can keep looking. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks - they are new leisure batteries and have been tested. The voltage is much lower than 10 on the fridge connections (about 1) but over 14 coming from the battery. It is losing the voltage between the battery and the fridge and could be damaged wiring or as you say loose connections? This is why I'm looking for an electrician. :) No problem if no one can recommend anyone, I can keep looking. Thanks for the advice.
I can't recommend anyone as I'm in Wales, but apart from VW have you tried any Motorhome or Caravan Dealerships. They will be used to Leisure battery powered circuits etc.

If only we had that info an hour ago!!
Well just work back along the route till you finf it. Just run a new wire in from the battery and by-pass the problem!

Trust me you don't need a magician. Any half decent spark will sort this out. It's so simple.

Sent you a pm.

No sign of it. You have my work email don’t you?

Sorry sidepod, sent it to the OP. I have a good electrician.

Of course. Why on earth did I think you meant me!
Ah, probably the empty bottle of Sauvy B.

Back