Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for Speed pulse, reverse and handbrake signals for DMX8019

C

Chris Pike

Hello,

Apologies if this have been answered, but i went through 20 of the 31 pages of posts.

I have just upgraded my t5.1cali stereo to a Kenwood DMX8019. and am very pleased with it. I also purchased a connects 2 box that was supposed to display the air con and parking sensor information as per the OEM unit. I have not managed to locate the Speed pulse, Reverse signal or handbrake signal in the looms supplied or existing

Would any one have any pictures, wiring diagrams or experience to point me in the right direction?

Also as a side note when moving to aftermarket did you use a Fakra single or double converter to maintain FM signal.

Many thanks

Chris

Speak to Jason at Absolut 5, he’ll know.

For those in the look, the easiest way i found was by cheating. I purchased a connects 2 box and problem solved. turns out the cable run between the passenger seat and the drivers for cable is fine in principle, as long as you take the passenger seat out.

Get the Kenwood interface from Absolut5 as this will also display radio station on van MFD. (+ climate, parking sensors on head unit). Price £150 approx and just plugs into the round connector on the back on the head unit, far less wiring stuffed behind the head unit when compared against Connects2.

I had the Connects2 interface but wasn’t impressed with it so swapped it. Kenwood one has better graphics for climate, park sensors & also displays radio station on MFD.

You just need to take the glovebox out to disconnect the VW Bluetooth module (if fitted), or sometimes under drivers seat. stick/hide the Kenwood GPS antenna on the top of the glovebox before you slide it back in.

You can get a Fiscon mic with a 3.5m Jack (£30) that fits perfectly in the VW casing in the headlining above the drivers head. Take the pillar trim off & end cap on the dash. There is enough space to route the new wire under the steering wheel to reach the head unit.

Connects2 interface photo as attached for your reference as yours should have come With same wires.

363FAB76-47BD-4465-A2C0-6868AB30DE94.jpeg

25031B71-B8C6-4413-9CBC-28C5C1897229.jpeg

B3E2B212-4B5B-41FF-8D23-ABCD1C7B3774.jpeg

F7075C89-1A4C-4294-B0D4-31E51DA73CC8.jpeg

4410668C-BBB9-47D5-BB4B-73FB3F6DFA2B.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back