Looking for the water pump fuse???

E

EmmaB71

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi everyone. T5, SE 2015.
I’m trying to work out which fuse is for the water pump so that I can properly drain the system for winter. I’ve looked at the diagram in my manual and it is not the same as the one in my vehicle. Does anyone have a clue how I work out which fuse is which????
IMG_3240.jpegIMG_3240.jpeg

And what would you do with the fuse to drain your water reservoir?
You can easily unplug the tap sensor under the sink. It's a black connector. Just unplug the connector and open the tap to drain your water tank. Much easier than pulling fuses.

The manual told me to do it in order to empty the pipe to the tap without the pump kicking in once the water tank is empty. Thought it seemed a very complicated way of draining a pipe.

The manual told me to do it in order to empty the pipe to the tap without the pump kicking in once the water tank is empty. Thought it seemed a very complicated way of draining a pipe.
Well, if you open the tap to empty the tap and to get the water flowing fluently, the pump will start pumping, but without water, the pump will die soon.
The easiest way is to unplug the connector from the tap switch (not the sensor). In that case, the pump won't start, and won't run dry.
If you open the right cupboard, take out the drawer, you will find some connectors. One is from that switch. Just unplug, open the tap, the pump won't start, and the water will be sucked out of the tap into the water reservoir that is emptying.
That is the way I, and most here are doing it I suppose?

Well, if you open the tap to empty the tap and to get the water flowing fluently, the pump will start pumping, but without water, the pump will die soon.
The easiest way is to unplug the connector from the tap switch (not the sensor). In that case, the pump won't start, and won't run dry.
If you open the right cupboard, take out the drawer, you will find some connectors. One is from that switch. Just unplug, open the tap, the pump won't start, and the water will be sucked out of the tap into the water reservoir that is emptying.
That is the way I, and most here are doing it I suppose?
Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks very much. Can you tell I’m new at this!!??