Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking into buying a California

N

nickdeacon

Vehicle
Just browsing
I am seriously considering buying a California and came across this site, which I find really useful.

I guess I am going through exactly the same thought processes as everyone does in my position. Do I opt for new or used, Beach, Coast or Ocean. The very high residual values of used ones is pushing me towards new, with the benefit of manufacturers warranty but the larger bed in the Beach is appealing, and I can’t think why this is not available as new.

If I order now, then I might end up having to pay 10% import duty and that is definitely weighing on my mind. Oh dear I might have to wait and see and decide in January.

I am seriously considering buying a California and came across this site, which I find really useful.

I guess I am going through exactly the same thought processes as everyone does in my position. Do I opt for new or used, Beach, Coast or Ocean. The very high residual values of used ones is pushing me towards new, with the benefit of manufacturers warranty but the larger bed in the Beach is appealing, and I can’t think why this is not available as new.

If I order now, then I might end up having to pay 10% import duty and that is definitely weighing on my mind. Oh dear I might have to wait and see and decide in January.
It sounds like you’ve done your research. Welcome to the forum and good luck finding your California. I think any California is better than no California. I’d be thrilled to be out in a Beach, Coast or Ocean right now.

I think you need to decide how you wil use van ; then you can work out how to buy the most appropriate model. Ie do you need kitchen, then coast/ocean. If not you’ll need to hunt down a (probably second hand) beach. Exciting times. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were in your position at present I would choose second hand for two reasons:

1. New Calis are now becoming stupidly expensive and with shortage in supply you can't expect too much discount either. At present, there appears to be no shortage of low mileage second hand versions.
2. IMO the T6-1 has been presenting far too many problems for a warmed over T6. The T6 was pretty well sorted so my advice is to go for one of those.

I read on another thread, there will be a VW price increase on 01.10.20 but no idea how much.