Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying a Cali from Belgium?

CYCLOPATH

CYCLOPATH

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all,
I am new to posting on the forum, but feel I know some of you already after reading all the chat here.
I hired Martins Cali twice this year for a trip to France and another in Cornwall , and am hooked, and looking for my own van.
Still deciding between an bargain pre Reg T5,new T6 , old van , DSGv Manual
Not sure I am massively bothered, but

I was looking for a bargain, as you do, and looked at a Belgium website, as I don't mind LHD, as I expect to spend a lot of time in Europe, and I know the euro is weak.
A basic 150 Ps T6 is 37000 pounds!
Can I get Belgium tax removed
Do I then have to pay import duty?
Are there legal consequences
Or insurance problems

I also notice they have a petrol engine , euro 6, but only does 24.5 mpg , but the van is even cheaper. Maby this should be a different thread

And I know I should have chosen a silly name when I joined! Doh. To late now, call me Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jon, great to see you are going to buy a Cali :thumb It is amazing how many people who hired from us this year this year that had no intention of buying a Cali and then all of sudden I get an email to say they are new proud owner.

Good luck with your search and let me know if you want to change your username

Don't know much on tax laws , but why buy in Belgium? There was a topic recent on one i belive bought in Zwiterland ....he said was the cheapest buy in Europe, thought he bought a Beach.

The first question I would ask if buying a new vehicle, personally, is concerning the Warranty. I believe on the Continent it is only 2 years. In the UK it is 3. Also, who will honour the Warranty?

Thanks for the replies.
It was just an idea, I have been looking at import tax and things, it all seems like a lot of hard work, and potential to go wrong. The Cali was meant to be for fun
So I am now deciding between brand new, fairly new and pre face lift.
I will be joining you folks soon, never fear!

Wow, just found the Switzerland post, 41,500 after import tax, for a 150ps, with lots of extras inc sat nav, cruise controll, Parkin sensors etc

AAAAGHHH, to many choices.

Maby should tell myself I am not buying it as a business deal, or to save money
It is purely for fun

O no
Went to buy my Cali today, just for fun, a 2009 pre facelift
thaught it would be a starter for a few years, and a good price
It had bubbling on the roof, and out of warranty
The heater didn't work,
The roof control panel button was a bit intermittent
The back cupboard door didn't close
Woe is me.

Hi Jon, the trouble with using your real name is that the nosey neighbours work out who you are ... Hello from the edge of the village, up the big hill a bit ! Recognise the back end of our dog ? I saw you had a Cali on hire earlier in the year as I stopped on the corner by your house to let a truck pass, and thought what a good idea ! We have had a Cali on hire this week, got to take it back Friday. Been round Dartmoor and Exmoor and really like the Cali, but won't be getting one for a few years until the teenagers are gone, it's not really big enough for 4 plus 2 dogs. Will have to stick with the landrover for now ! We have a 15 reg Cali on the driveway for tomorrow if you want to come and have a poke around, I need to clean it up a it before taking it back. Might pop to Grannies by the sea for a bit so let us know if you do want a look, our tel number end is 597. The Cali doesn't fit behind our house so it's on the front driveway. Byee ! Mrs T ...can't work out how to PM you !

Hi, T people
I drive past the boys every school morning taking Claire to school bus.
I am not really afraid of being me!
I would love to see the van, I will pop around in The morning if you are in, I am becoming a bit of a Cali nerd
Infact got an offer In on on one now
I don't recognise the dogs rear end, which is probably a good thing!

See you

Ps
I have thaught of a cool new name , I will get Martin to change me

Jon

Back