Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking to purchase

Stoneswolf2023

Stoneswolf2023

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all Grand cali owners we are looking to buy one but seem to be in a world of uncertain dealers not wanting to px our ocean basically either not replying to requests even if your looking to purchase a potential £85000 pound vehicle don’t understand seems like vw dealers are frightened of buying there own vehicles back for some reason any suggestions

Hi all Grand cali owners we are looking to buy one but seem to be in a world of uncertain dealers not wanting to px our ocean basically either not replying to requests even if your looking to purchase a potential £85000 pound vehicle don’t understand seems like vw dealers are frightened of buying there own vehicles back for some reason any suggestions
I’m in the market for an Ocean, what’s your spec/colour?

The two posts above could be a brilliant resolution.

Maybe dealers already have high stock levels of Oceans that they can’t shift. Nearly 200 for sale on Autotrader! Interestingly, only a dozen Beaches though.

Maybe dealers already have high stock levels of Oceans that they can’t shift. Nearly 200 for sale on Autotrader! Interestingly, only a dozen Beaches though.
Maybe but as there are roughly 60 plus van centres in the uk alone one would of thought maybe 3 in stock each is not huge

I’m in the market for an Ocean, what’s your spec/colour?
candy white shower attachment and comfort mattress not a massive extras list but good enough as a ocean spec anyhow the leds are amazing as is the diesel heater 14000 miles just added oz rally raids with falken tyres for trips further afield or muddy fields in uk

I was at Breeze Poole yesterday and there was only 1 parking space for a customer visiting. The car park was rammed with New and nearly new Californias Oceans, Beaches and the odd surf. 33 Oceans for sale Poole

Last edited:
candy white shower attachment and comfort mattress not a massive extras list but good enough as a ocean spec anyhow the leds are amazing as is the diesel heater 14000 miles just added oz rally raids with falken tyres for trips further afield or muddy fields in uk
Ah ok, has to be Ascot Grey/204.

Maybe but as there are roughly 60 plus van centres in the uk alone one would of thought maybe 3 in stock each is not huge
Wow!! Have you tried 60 van centres?
My point was that I’ve never seen so many Oceans for sale on Autotrader. Normally around 80-100. As someone else commented, Breeze in Poole have 33 Oceans for sale!

Maybe the classic British summer is not helping sales.

In my experience having had two Oceans and now a Grand 600. I just think that dealers know you will get a better private sale price than they could offer part ex simply because they have to prep yours and then make a reasonable margin. It’s just a case that they don’t want to insult you as they probably could not offer what you are expecting.

I have a very lovely high spec GC600 which I have listed in the sales section, Cali's for sale. I am not much better than a dealer in as much as I am not looking for a part exchange deal but would be pleased to know the details of your vehicle as I may know someone who wants one.

In my experience having had two Oceans and now a Grand 600. I just think that dealers know you will get a better private sale price than they could offer part ex simply because they have to prep yours and then make a reasonable margin. It’s just a case that they don’t want to insult you as they probably could not offer what you are expecting.
That interesting… Eurovans were quite happy to insult me with their px offer for my Beach when I purchased an Ocean last year! :mute

Back