Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Planning to purchase a 2010 VW California

S

Saoirsesdad250221

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello,

Looking at purchasing a 2010 VW California with only 19,000miles. In pristine condition. Only had 2 owners and dealer has changed out the EGR proactively to a suffix D.

Just wanting to know if you can all give me any advice before I start my VW California adventure!

Thanks!

Callum

Hello,

Looking at purchasing a 2010 VW California with only 19,000miles. In pristine condition. Only had 2 owners and dealer has changed out the EGR proactively to a suffix D.

Just wanting to know if you can all give me any advice before I start my VW California adventure!

Thanks!

Callum
Although it may look pristine, has only done 19,000 miles and the fact you mentioned the EGR means you are aware of the problems with the 180 CFCA engine. Be aware that some 2010-2012 CFCA engines have a specific problem known by VW, they issued a remedial TPI relating to certain engine numbers, and some post 2011 CFCA engines that have failed EGRs , the actual cause unknown and not recognised by VW.
Besides the above, certain Service items are time related and not purely milage eg: the vehicle should have had brake/clutch fluid changed at least 5 times, DSG/Haldex oil changed at least 3 times and Cambelt/water pump at least 2 or 3 times by now. Likewise AirCon seals and compressor thrive on being used not standing idle. Likewise brake disks and pads.
So be aware, low milage doesn't always mean low running costs initially.