Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

loose cover panel in boot space

A

andrew bazeley

VIP Member
I had to remove this panel recently on my 2008 Cali, and I think one of the plastic clips snapped off. Now it doesn't press back in place properly, and it rattles like hell when you're driving. Anybody know where I can get a replacement?

IMG_1032.JPG

VW
car scrap yard
Allegro .pl
ee bay

Or you could try to glue whatever you have broken back on?

It is not stuck in the clips?

Or if it doesn't bother you: screw a screw through the panel into the clip, trying to keep it in place?

velcro?

double sided tape.

Whatever you think that can hold it in place?

Just emptying my box of ideas.

I had to remove this panel recently on my 2008 Cali, and I think one of the plastic clips snapped off. Now it doesn't press back in place properly, and it rattles like hell when you're driving. Anybody know where I can get a replacement?

View attachment 45366
VW will Charge a fortune and probably will only sell the complete assembly for a fortune.
A Breakers yard is a possibility. Myself I would use some clear Silicone on the underside and hold in position for an hour or two. Using that , where the clip has broken would allow removal at a later date. Or “ Gorilla “ double sided tape.

You know what - I think I'll just use the double-sided tape, as suggested. I keep some in the van all the time, as I occasionally have to re-attach the Gore-tex liner in the roof. Thanks folks - I thought there was a techy-answer, but it will - as always - be the best and cheapest way!

Double sided tape and self adhesive Velcro (hook and loop) are std parts of my travelling tool kit!

Back