Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loose hexhead (?) screws found in roof

I checked the pop top today and pleased to report no missing screws found, or any damage, the 'spares' are very similar to those that fix the awning but not quite the same, perhaps during the fitting, that's why they were put down and then forgotten about ??
There's a relief. Glad you checked before any long journeys. I was worried that the awning was only fixed one end. Happy days!

My awning was replaced by VW under warranty and held on with similar fixings, wind your awning right out and check its attatched as when mine was fitted it was hung on the rail with no bolts until the technician securely bolted it on. Just wind your awning out fully and check it is bolted on. Just remember to wind it back in the opposite way to winding it out.

Think my reply has been misunderstood in that the awning is secured to the awning bracket by similar torx/allen cap screws. To inspect these you need to wind out the awning fully and check the security as I mentioned in my first response, as when my awning was replaced so were the fixings. This could explain why the bolts were left in the roof channel. The new awning was fitted in under 15mins so its not a big job to check it out then you will have peace of mind . All kinds of things happen from delivery to dealerships to you the customer that you never know about.

Back