Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lost bike rack keys

If, like me, you have mislaid the keys for your VW bike rack, and googled for solutions.
I have found this company www.replacementkeys.co.uk they were able to post me replacement keys with 48 hours, all I needed was the Nxxx code off the lock itself.
Just adding this post in case it helps others in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thanks

I can't find my keys and this could be a life saver,
I entered my code on their Web site and it comes up as a thule lock, is that correct.

Only £3.95 ,plus postage :)

If I remember rightly, I search for my code and was given 2 options. 1 Thule and the another for roof box. I picked the roof box option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If I remember rightly, I search for my code and was given 2 options. 1 Thule and the another for roof box. I picked the roof box option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Replacement keys arrived today, worked perfect, thanks spitzie for starting this thread

Could anyone be so kind as to tell me where I could find this Nxxx code of the lock? I can't seem to find any code. I'm in a T5, maybe that's teh reason? I doubt it though.

I think it's normally written on the the lock as below...

IMG_0045.JPG

Could anyone be so kind as to tell me where I could find this Nxxx code of the lock? I can't seem to find any code. I'm in a T5, maybe that's teh reason? I doubt it though.

if that's your lock i wouldn't give the number away like that, or somebody could order your keys and help themselves on your bikes

Anyone can read the numbers, it’s always been like this; hence the need to always have an additional chain / cable lock to secure bikes, ideally looped thru the rear tow hoop, or, spare wheel carrier if you have a locking bolt.

Well, thanks for posting the photo. With my T5 official bike rack there's no such code on the lock opening. Sadly enough. Oh and I doubt posting it is a big problem, unless they have your address as well and in that case they can also just walk up to your car and have a look ath the code :)

Anyone can read the numbers, it’s always been like this; hence the need to always have an additional chain / cable lock to secure bikes, ideally looped thru the rear tow hoop, or, spare wheel carrier if you have a locking bolt.
correct, but unless you leave the bikes on the racks at home, or the clamps on the rack locked (like I did!!), it should be ok.
in any case, when I'm travelling I lock them with 2 locks.

If anyone has any additional tips on how this problem could be solved for a T5 I'd love to know. I know I could drill into it and replace the entire lock but that's a bit of a chore and more expensive. If I could just order replacement keys that would rock. If not, I might get my locpicking tools out ;-)

Just checked and mine do not have the numbers stamped on the lock(s). Thule customer services should be able to help you.

Any use. Not allowed to post website. Forum won’t allow. But a search on that item description should find it.
D072A1BD-C387-4C7E-85A4-617B8E282D16.jpeg