Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vw Bike rack how does one open it?HELP!

I

Isa Neal

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi have just had the vw bike rack fitted to my DSG180 Cali. I found 2 keys in the glove box and a key hole in an underneath bit of black plastic in he rack but still cannot work out how to pull the rack down so that I can load up a bike, need to know ASAP as hoping to leave home in the next 30 minutes with everything ready for the weekend!

Look at the top of the rack it should be held in place by the 2 'wheel straps' of the last bike holder.

Just undo these and the rack should come down.

Hi the bike rack is held up with two straps at the top well mine is anyway :thumb
Just push the little catch on the strap and pull it out it should then drop down :thumb

Wow thank you so much for such a quick and accurate reply!

Isa, You can also use the top of the bike rack to secure your KamperCozi to utilising a couple of lengths of fiqure 8 strip.

Isa Neal said:
Hi have just had the vw bike rack fitted to my DSG180 Cali. I found 2 keys in the glove box and a key hole in an underneath bit of black plastic in he rack but still cannot work out how to pull the rack down so that I can load up a bike, need to know ASAP as hoping to leave home in the next 30 minutes with everything ready for the weekend!

There is a comprehensive instruction manual that comes with the rack which should have been left with the keys. If you don't have it I would ask for it.

It covers such things as use and fitting including ensuring that the protective films are fitted and the guideline markers for easier refitting.

Hi hopefully Alex SMG will send the instruction leaflet.

Iain&Shani said:
Isa, You can also use the top of the bike rack to secure your KamperCozi to utilising a couple of lengths of fiqure 8 strip.

Can you provide some more detail on this please. I have jus bought one.
Cheers

BikerBoy said:
Iain&Shani said:

Can you provide some more detail on this please. I have jus bought one.
Cheers

Actually after a bit of fiddling I have sussed that you can thread the back straps through the bike rack supports!! No need for anything else!

Thank you so much ,I emailed SMG who fitted the rack and they emailed me the instructions.

Back