Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loud noise from bonnet

As previously mentioned, this is not unique to the California. My diesel Mini Paceman did the same thing. A nightmare living on a quiet street! I was also advised to give it a damn good thrashing once a week........ Seemed to solve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I was proved wrong yesterday I went for a 30 mile run did all the correct things when I stopped the fans fan on for around three mins and the engine smelt hot but the temp was reading 90 at 12oclock normal reading so I guess it had gone into a regen , on checking my VW connect data it said I had driven an idea journey except my braking ? so perhaps it does do many regen cycles or perhaps when you stop you should let the engine tick over for 3-4 mins before turning off

I guess I was proved wrong yesterday I went for a 30 mile run did all the correct things when I stopped the fans fan on for around three mins and the engine smelt hot but the temp was reading 90 at 12oclock normal reading so I guess it had gone into a regen , on checking my VW connect data it said I had driven an idea journey except my braking ? so perhaps it does do many regen cycles or perhaps when you stop you should let the engine tick over for 3-4 mins before turning off
John I did as you said last night and the night before and drove it like I stole it No noise for 2 nights now!! On another note how do you get your connect to work?! Did you have Internet built in from dealer?

John I did as you said last night and the night before and drove it like I stole it No noise for 2 nights now!! On another note how do you get your connect to work?! Did you have Internet built in from dealer?
My VW connect is a free device given away by car dealers. I got one plugged it into the engine test socket and down loaded an app Bluetooth from test socket. To app on phone your data from phone to internet
If you are referring to how you get internet to work to make a WiFi inside vehicle. Easy. In my case I have an iPhone that provides the data connection. Once you plug in you can set up a WiFi say called VWT6 set up a password then others can connect to internet via your phone also if in camp site you can search for WiFi signals log on with pass word All burger places also have free WiFi if you park near to building

If you park in your own drive way. And near your house WiFi it’s easy log on to your own WiFi. I use my cal as a man cave or place to hide when I need me time or when I’m in the dog house. Can make tea watch tv and surf the net.

1950s. She’d at bottom of garden
Same thing in 2017. But with a heater

If you park in your own drive way. And near your house WiFi it’s easy log on to your own WiFi. I use my cal as a man cave or place to hide when I need me time or when I’m in the dog house. Can make tea watch tv and surf the net.

1950s. She’d at bottom of garden
Same thing in 2017. But with a heater
great thanks will give it a try! I laugh as I was thinking this the other day! I literally spend hours in there like you would in a shed!!!

it's crazy they fit all this crap to an engine to reduce emissions and you have to drive it unnecessary further and harder so it works right. but yes it's normal. it's the radiator cooling fans running on until the thermostat shuts them off. they are loud. my t6 beach does it now and then

Back