Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loud noise

SteveW

SteveW

VIP Member
Hi all hoping someone can shed a little light on this. Just on the way back from COTF ( thanks all great weekend ) and pulled over at a shop while Mrs ran in, when she got back in the Cali we had a very loud bang from underneath it sounded like a suspsion spring had snapped it was so loud. This is the second time I've had this now ! First time was while doing 80mph on the m5 about 3 month ago and we put it down to a large rock etc hitting the bottom of the Cali. Sound like it may be a suspension spring re seating maybe ? And ideas ? A little conserned as warranty runs out in 6 weeks.

Thanks

Steve

Could be! But for it to re-seat then something must have happened to un-seat it in the first place. Time for a serious look underneath. Maybe jack up each wheel and remove for a close look , or a visit to VW.

Could be! But for it to re-seat then something must have happened to un-seat it in the first place. Time for a serious look underneath. Maybe jack up each wheel and remove for a close look , or a visit to VW.
Hi, thanks I thought the same. Had a good old look around underneath and nothing obvious jumps out but for it to make such a loud noise I'm thinking it has to be metal under a lot of load that's shifted as it made folks walking down the road 40 meters away look round. Its in VW for it first MOT early August so will get them to give it a good look over.

Back