Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Love story

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
He had only the day before arrived in the Country. Being new, and with little room to find indoor shelter he was accommodated outside, surrounded by a motley-looking disparate collection of companions.

When we first met I admit to being quite detached, almost cold. I wanted something that could fulfill a particular role; nothing more, nothing less and I certainly had no intention of getting emotionally attached. I looked him up and down, read his credentials, liked his clean, neat and tidy appearance and decided that he’ll do for what I had in mind. As he was not going to be free for the next three months anyway I was not going to waste my time checking him out thoroughly.

Three months later I went to meet him. It was the 7th January. I had a brief conversation with the people letting him go, and we came home together. I admit to being quite impressed by his efficient, fuss-free manner and his automatic, smooth responses to my commands.

I had intended to let him settle in for a couple of days whilst I read thoroughly all the voluminous notes that came with him. After that then I had planned a gentle “getting to know each other” period of going off somewhere, just brief excursions, so that we could become better acquainted. After all Victorian decorum was uppermost in my mind, hence the name that I gave him. A sudden whim and two hours after arriving home we went to Lands End together. I just threw everything together that I thought we might need and off we went.

Over the next couple of days we enjoyed a contemplative relationship, exploring Cornwall together and enjoying the fine weather, a lull before the storm in the stormiest year on record since someone even bothered to record weather.

Then it all changed. The storm came crashing in. As we returned to where we are staying so the wind roared in, but he was completely unperturbed, rock solid and stable, the epitome of calm efficiency and assurance. The rain lashed down but at no time did he lose sight of where we were going, bright lights cutting through the gloom. That night the wind tore through the region, but I felt safe, warm and protected. I asked him to keep me warm and he did. Outside debris crashed against buildings, tree’s groaned but Inside I was comfortable in my snug and warm shelter.

That morning I awoke to a scene of mild devastation. Water everywhere, but he was surefooted and capable moving over the waterlogged ground, now a sea of mud. . Despite the fury of the wind we were unscratched, still with power, everything working with reliable efficiency. I whispered “Get me home Albert”, my voice no longer cold and detached. I knew he would. He was now more than just a companion. I was in love.

Happy 3rd Anniversary Albert.

Last edited:
Very good indeed. May your love last forever.❤️❤️❤️❤️

and time to give Albert a present a MOT

He had only the day before arrived in the Country. Being new, and with little room to find indoor shelter he was accommodated outside, surrounded by a motley-looking disparate collection of companions.

When we first met I admit to being quite detached, almost cold. I wanted something that could fulfill a particular role; nothing more, nothing less and I certainly had no intention of getting emotionally attached. I looked him up and down, read his credentials, liked his clean, neat and tidy appearance and decided that he’ll do for what I had in mind. As he was not going to be free for the next three months anyway I was not going to waste my time checking him out thoroughly.

Three months later I went to meet him. It was the 7th January. I had a brief conversation with the people letting him go, and we came home together. I admit to being quite impressed by his efficient, fuss-free manner and his automatic, smooth responses to my commands.

I had intended to let him settle in for a couple of days whilst I read thoroughly all the voluminous notes that came with him. After that then I had planned a gentle “getting to know each other” period of going off somewhere, just brief excursions, so that we could become better acquainted. After all Victorian decorum was uppermost in my mind, hence the name that I gave him. A sudden whim and two hours after arriving home we went to Lands End together. I just threw everything together that I thought we might need and off we went.

Over the next couple of days we enjoyed a contemplative relationship, exploring Cornwall together and enjoying the fine weather, a lull before the storm in the stormiest year on record since someone even bothered to record weather.

Then it all changed. The storm came crashing in. As we returned to where we are staying so the wind roared in, but he was completely unperturbed, rock solid and stable, the epitome of cam efficiency and assurance. The rain lashed down but at no time did he lose sight of where we were going, bright lights cutting through the gloom. That night the wind tore through the region, but I felt safe, warm and protected. I asked him to keep me warm and he did. Outside debris crashed against buildings, tree’s groaned but Inside I was comfortable in my snug and warm shelter.

That morning I awoke to a scene of mild devastation. Water everywhere, but he was surefooted and capable moving over the waterlogged ground, now a sea of mud. . Despite the fury of the wind we were unscratched, still with power, everything working with reliable efficiency. I whispered “Get me home Albert”, my voice no longer cold and detached. I knew he would. He was now more than just a companion. I was in love.

Happy 3rd Anniversary Albert.
Happy Anniversary Jen!

You caught me out there Jen

Fully expected it to be a dog o_O

Lovely story

No, although the way I talk to Albert most would assume that I am barking mad :(

True love
Even if you do trade him in he will always have a very special place in your heart ❤

Back