Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Don't we just love to knock a Cali ...

63E49EA2-5DB4-4512-BEA2-4578C04DE4B1.jpg Evening Guys ..

Couldn't agree more with all the positive posts ..
our daughter has a condition called Rett syndrome .. we will always have to give her 24hr care .. she and we love getting away for days and weekends in our van ..
Yes they are expensive but what price do you put on memories and if you could see how happy our daughter Jasmine is when she had the wind in her hair by the sea .... priceless ... for a £20 stop over at a campsite ... in all weathers .

View attachment 19504 Evening Guys ..

Couldn't agree more with all the positive posts ..
our daughter has a condition called Rett syndrome .. we will always have to give her 24hr care .. she and we love getting away for days and weekends in our van ..
Yes they are expensive but what price do you put on memories and if you could see how happy our daughter Jasmine is when she had the wind in her hair by the sea .... priceless ... for a £20 stop over at a campsite ... in all weathers .

Thank you for sharing that Paul.

Quite beautiful, I hope you continue to get many, many beautiful memories.

How timely this post is...

I was fortunate enough last night to pick up a brand new gleaming Audi that I have been dreaming of for a long time to replace our car. Its funny, because at the weekend we went for a long drive out to the coast in the old car to use up the fuel. It felt wrong, the family missed Helga (the Cali) not being along, we also had to pay for coffee! I also found myself telling the salesman that this new luxury family car was our second car to an eight year old van, he didn't get it... Tonight (first full day of ownership) I have had to come to work to do a system update. I had a choice of vehicles. You guessed it, Helga has come along for the ride, the heater is on outside to keep me warm on the way home at 4am.

Our Cali was supposed to be our second car and day tripper. It is now a part of the family. I think back now to all the things we done in our campervans and they are irreplaceable memories. Yes, I could of had a bigger mortgage, or a bigger TV, but wouldn't change a thing...

How timely this post is...

I was fortunate enough last night to pick up a brand new gleaming Audi that I have been dreaming of for a long time to replace our car. Its funny, because at the weekend we went for a long drive out to the coast in the old car to use up the fuel. It felt wrong, the family missed Helga (the Cali) not being along, we also had to pay for coffee! I also found myself telling the salesman that this new luxury family car was our second car to an eight year old van, he didn't get it... Tonight (first full day of ownership) I have had to come to work to do a system update. I had a choice of vehicles. You guessed it, Helga has come along for the ride, the heater is on outside to keep me warm on the way home at 4am.

Our Cali was supposed to be our second car and day tripper. It is now a part of the family. I think back now to all the things we done in our campervans and they are irreplaceable memories. Yes, I could of had a bigger mortgage, or a bigger TV, but wouldn't change a thing...
What have you called the car? ..............Von Smallhausen?

What have you called the car? ..............Von Smallhausen?
Maybe!

The kids called her that after she bossed our t4 camper out of the way and took its place. I am not sure (well I hope) they are not aware of the connotations the name Helga has, but a quick look on urban dictionary will enlighten!!!

" to Orkney "
We plan to visit Mainland Orkney & Fair Island ... could I ask for any suggestions or thoughts that you might have in getting there and back and how best to plan ... any thoughts would be very appreciated.

" to Orkney "
We plan to visit Mainland Orkney & Fair Island ... could I ask for any suggestions or thoughts that you might have in getting there and back and how best to plan ... any thoughts would be very appreciated.
Hello Canary Bird,

We visited Orkney last summer. Crossed from Gills Bay on the catamaran; it's a quick crossing and although we booked I don't think that there was any need. Timetable and prices are on the Web. We stayed at the campsite in Kirkwall. This is by far the best site that we have found so far; it's very close to the town, grass pitches and hard standing, hookup if you need it, loads of spacious clean showers, laundry and cooking facilities, a good lounge and free wifi. And it wasn't expensive.

Orkney is amazing. Go and enjoy it.

Herman, thanks for your reply. I was looking at the camping site that you mentioned, but this helped confirm it. Thanks!!

Back