Low level front spot lights

The Blue Merle

The Blue Merle

4x4 joker
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
ive owned my new Cali 14 plate for a few months and have just noticed that one of low level spot lights come on depending on what way I turn the steering. Stupid question I guess it's supposed to do this?
The annoying thing is I thought I had a bulb out so took light apart and found bulb was ok and then realised what it was doing :)

Thanks
Thought I was going mad the other day when one lamp was out :)

When you switch foglight ON, both will come on and stay on. Otherwise, when side/dipped beam on and you are moving, below a speed of about 30km/hr , then the fog light on the side you turn to will light up.

Mine does that stupid one light on when going round a bend slowly routine, what an effing waste of time and complication. Never in my 43 years of driving have I thought I needed such a "feature"

It always reminds me of a Jowett Javelin my Dad had when we were kids, the horn used to sound on tight bends, much to our amusement :D

So yes, its normal (unfortunately)

Can be turned off with vcds.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mine does that stupid one light on when going round a bend slowly routine, what an effing waste of time and complication. Never in my 43 years of driving have I thought I needed such a "feature"

It always reminds me of a Jowett Javelin my Dad had when we were kids, the horn used to sound on tight bends, much to our amusement :D

So yes, its normal (unfortunately)
I agree - a waste of time. At least they are harmless - unlike the auto-dazzling main beam light option.

My dad also had a Jowett Javelin. It didn't have the horn 'feature', but it did have the auto head-gasket blowing feature which made sure you couldn't go up steep hills too fast!

Personally I find these cornering lights really good and very useful on narrow windy roads, of which we have a lot in Switzerland, but their best use is when manoeuvring and/or parking when it's dark.

Personally I find these cornering lights really good and very useful on narrow windy roads, of which we have a lot in Switzerland, but their best use is when manoeuvring and/or parking when it's dark.
I agree very useful in narrow lanes as they highlight the edges.

I agree that this feature is useful.

And this is from another Cali owner whose dad also had a Jowett Javelin. HDN 750 if I remember correctly. Sort of sandy colour and did a sterling service, taking us to Arisaig (Back of Keppoch), Ardnamuchan, Skye etc. many times as kids. I've even got cine film of it being hoisted into the hold of the Arisaig to Mallaig ferry in the sixties, pre RoRo days of course.

Snowy are you sure your dad wasn't having a laugh, I don't remember the horn going off when turning.

How many other Cali owners had Javelins in the family I wonder.

Back