Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coding Heated Rear Window

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
I noticed the other day that my heated rear window wasn't working, well, it would come on and go off again.

Of course, having had a few retrofit items I immediately sensed a coding prob, also, my lights were turning off and on during the start stop process.

After a day at Cowfold where Alex and his team kindly, very kindly had a go at fixing poor Betty. Managed to get everything working, except the bulb warning light which now came on with the lights.

Hazzy Days - very good, on the phone immediately and came out to me to fix the coding. It's all unknowns and it seems the van was coded originally as a Cali - no heated rear window.

Interesting to watch tonight as they used VCDS to turn off and turn back on bits, and use the coding of a similar specced van.

All done, I now have a spec on my van that is fully working, and should anyone need help with coding for Xenons etc, I would be happy to help.

Really interesting, this turning on things.

Thanks to Stu for additional advice.

I also discovered the low fluid level indicator works, after lots of testing the headlamp wash :)

Lights stay on with the start/stop system as well :)

James

smgcowfold said:
Glad it is all sorted out now.

cheers

Yes , cheers Alex. Felt a bit silly on Friday lol. Still, cowfold and SMG never a bad day out.

Thanks again

James

Back