Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LV insurance cover limit

AndrewCook680

AndrewCook680

Vehicle
Grand California 680
I asked this as part of a question on GC Facebook group too.
Has anyone used LV insurance for their GC ?

I read on the LV site that “maximum value on comprehensive cover upto £60000”

Which is no good for me given a new GC680 is more than £60k

IMG_5016.jpeg

I’d call them if you’re interested. Quoted us last year for a Cali valued at £74k. We didn’t take it though.

I'm insured through LV with a replacement value of £75K for a Cali Ocean.

Obviously different size / type of vehicle though.

Your quote is via a broker, LV do not value your van until they see it to right it off, it’s the value at the time.
speak to them directly. 0330 678 5222

Your quote is via a broker, LV do not value your van until they see it to right it off, it’s the value at the time.
speak to them directly. 0330 678 5222
Thanks - called them, no cover limit
and they do 1 year new of old of same spec replacement
and no tracker needed

Yes, you’re looking at a site for use by Insurance Brokers only. That will be a limit over which the broker would need to refer to LV.

Ok - thanks Fellrunner

NFU insurance seems competitive too - I need to call them tomorrow. They specified this requirement….

“Immobiliser Requirement
WE will not pay for loss or damage to the CAR caused directly by THEFT or attempted THEFT, unless the CAR is fitted with a
Thatcham Approved Category 2 Immobiliser at the time of loss.”

The 680 comes with a cat1 alarm and immobiliser ! Which is better than just a cat2 immobiliser (no alarm).
So will have to get that verified

Ok - thanks Fellrunner

NFU insurance seems competitive too - I need to call them tomorrow. They specified this requirement….

“Immobiliser Requirement
WE will not pay for loss or damage to the CAR caused directly by THEFT or attempted THEFT, unless the CAR is fitted with a

The 680 comes with a cat1 alarm and immobiliser ! Which is better than just a cat2 immobiliser (no alarm).
Also worth noting sign in to WeConnect as this immediately notifies you if your alarm is activated internally and externally.

Ok - thanks Fellrunner

“Immobiliser Requirement

You can check on the Thatcham website.
Link below. Select OEM and then Find Out More.

You can check on the Thatcham website.
Link below. Select OEM and then Find Out More.

Yes thanks, I was looking at that this afternoon, and noted Crafter is cat 1

Also worth noting sign in to WeConnect as this immediately notifies you if your alarm is activated internally and externally.
Only if you have a 4G signal. Proper trackers are monitored independently.

True. And agree. Would you want your van back after it’s been stolen!

I’ve just taken out insurance with LV (Not through a broker). I asked about value limits and there wasn’t one - market value of the vehicle apart from the first year which is full replacement value new-for-old. I’ve rechecked my insurance docs this am and no limit is quoted.

We also got a quote from NFU (our local NFU agent) and were about to take that out but as the local office was closed the phone went through to the NFU call centre and they mentioned the Cat 2 Thatcham immobiliser was needed. Hence we ended up going with LV (who were also cheaper). On Friday the local agent called back and said that the GC immobiliser was fine and they would have insured the van - blamed the confusion on the call centre.

I’ve just taken out insurance with LV (Not through a broker). I asked about value limits and there wasn’t one - market value of the vehicle apart from the first year which is full replacement value new-for-old. I’ve rechecked my insurance docs this am and no limit is quoted.

We also got a quote from NFU (our local NFU agent) and were about to take that out but as the local office was closed the phone went through to the NFU call centre and they mentioned the Cat 2 Thatcham immobiliser was needed. Hence we ended up going with LV (who were also cheaper). On Friday the local agent called back and said that the GC immobiliser was fine and they would have insured the van - blamed the confusion on the call centre.
The Crafter/GC has a CAT 1 Immobiliser and alarm. As WG indicated with his Thatcham link.

The Crafter/GC has a CAT 1 Immobiliser and alarm. As WG indicated with his Thatcham link.

i just need NFU to understand a cat 1 immobiliser and alarm is better than a cat 2 immobiliser, because they seemed to think because van didn’t have cat 2 immobiliser it wouldn’t be covered for theft until fitted….
they should state needs “AT LEAST” cat 2

nfu quote about £50 more than LV. But NFU cover new for old for first 2 years.
excess about the same.
from research NFU may be better to deal with in event of a claim than LV though.

I went with NFU for our Cali. Easy to deal with and the 2 years new for old is good.

Back