Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cancelled LV Insurance

We have just renewed the insurance on our California 140SE with Admiral on a multi car policy..We reduced the mileage on the California to 3000 miles this year as it’s doubtful we will get even anywhere near that. Our Mini Cooper has 7000 miles..The 2 vehicles cost us £350.

Have just renewed my insurance with Safeguard but on closer examination of the paperwork see that the insurer is Highway which I see in the small print is Liverpool Victoria in Bournemouth . Alarm bells rang as I have read quite a bit about LV on this forum over the years not offering full cover for California . Any views ? View attachment 57147
I too am with safe guard as it was a recommended insurer by members on this forum.
On that basis I do hope all parts of a Cali ocean are covered- hopefully a member will clarify.

I have a T6 Beach with LV and recently had a slidepod kitchen fitted, obviously I wanted insurance to cover all eventualities.
The standard Beach insurance didn't cover the cooking unit however by paying a slight premium up grade £30ish was given additional 'Campervan cover' that covered all habitation issues.
I have had LV insurance for a number of years on numerous car and made 3 claims.
One No fault claim, two minor claims and on all occasions found LV excellent.

Be very careful with LV. I crashed my car two years ago, it should have been a write off. LV were awful, they sent three dissferent assessors, the third said it could be repaired, the first two it was a write off. They then refused to complete certain parts of work as ‘not covered’.

On one call they actually said - It’s kind of your fault, if it was a cheaper car it would have been a write off, but this is very expensive. I know that will be hard to believe but its word for word what they said. The third assessor also said that if it was 6 weeks older they would have paid out (It was under 1 year old so would have had to replace with a new car).

They might be cheaper but I would never use them again.

I cancelled Safeguard policy two days later when I realised it was LV .