Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LV Insurance - ouch!

I'm with Aviva but after the CEO/Chair woman came out anti-white men, I was going to change when renewal was up.
Why do you see someone who is pro equality and anti sexism as “anti white man”?

Why do you see someone who is pro equality and anti sexism as “anti white man”?
The Daily telegraph.
So there we have it. Laid bare for all to see, the pernicious effect of our national fixation with “diversity, equality and inclusion” (DEI). Aviva’s chief executive Amanda Blanc this week told MPs on the Treasury Select Committee that there is no senior “non-diverse” (white male) hire made at the company without her personal approval. There is no need, she implicitly admitted, to sign off on the appointments of non-white people and women. Most people would call that clear evidence of discrimination.

The Daily telegraph.
So there we have it. Laid bare for all to see, the pernicious effect of our national fixation with “diversity, equality and inclusion” (DEI). Aviva’s chief executive Amanda Blanc this week told MPs on the Treasury Select Committee that there is no senior “non-diverse” (white male) hire made at the company without her personal approval. There is no need, she implicitly admitted, to sign off on the appointments of non-white people and women. Most people would call that clear evidence of discrimination.
It’s not discrimination. It’s a mechanism for equality. Pales into insignificance after the decades of discrimination against anyone not white and male (and believe me, I’ve seen how pernicious that has been in my 35 year career).

It’s not discrimination. It’s a mechanism for equality. Pales into insignificance after the decades of discrimination against anyone not white and male (and believe me, I’ve seen how pernicious that has been in my 35 year career).
If he had the facts, it would look and feel like discrimination to a better qualified older, white, heterosexual man who didn’t get the job because a lesser qualified younger, black, gay woman was hired to make the company more diverse.
Trouble is, he won’t be privy to the reasons behind that decision. The company will be forced to embellish the reason why he wasn’t successful, because to be entirely truthful would contravene the Equality Act 2010.
Absolutely right that Ms Blanc encourages under-represented minorities to apply. Absolutely wrong that she personally vets every hiring decision of ‘non diverse’ people.

As a white middle aged man I spent my entire career being hired and promoted by white middle aged men….until my large US multi national employer realised that diversity can’t be achieved if the hiring managers are not diverse (you have to do something to change the status quo)…I can imagine an insurance company that started in Norwich has a bigger challenge than the US paper company I worked for…so either you support diversity and understand how difficult it is to achieve or you read the Telegraph and feel threatened that the status quo will be titled so far that white privileged is now discrimination.

If he had the facts, it would look and feel like discrimination to a better qualified older, white, heterosexual man who didn’t get the job because a lesser qualified younger, black, gay woman was hired to make the company more diverse.
Trouble is, he won’t be privy to the reasons behind that decision. The company will be forced to embellish the reason why he wasn’t successful, because to be entirely truthful would contravene the Equality Act 2010.
Absolutely right that Ms Blanc encourages under-represented minorities to apply. Absolutely wrong that she personally vets every hiring decision of ‘non diverse’ people.
Amanda Blanc is looking to make sure better qualified applicants aren’t being overlooked because of their gender, race etc, not the other way around.

Anyway, this isn’t the place for this discussion so I’m ducking out. I just wish people didn’t write posts about their political views that are irrelevant and unhelpful in relation to the overall discussion. I do, however, feel there is a responsibility to challenge such throwaway and unqualified statements as that posted earlier in this thread.