Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Macgyver, please help with underseat airbag cable! :)

Canary Bird

Canary Bird

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Macgyver, please help with underseat passenger airbag cable! :)

I was fixing an underseat safe in my T6 that I have under the passenger seat. In getting the safe adjusted, I must have inadvertently disconnected the cable for the airbag ... that is what VW dealer told me when I asked them about airbag light. The VW dealership said they could re-connect the cable for 50 euros!

Does anyone know an easy way to find where to connect the airbag cable/connection?

THANK YOU for your help!!

You can reset it yourself with Carista - £24.99.

(If you turned ignition on whilst the airbag cable was disconnected it will generate a fault, fault will remain even if cable has been plugged back in)

You can reset it yourself with Carista - £24.99.

(If you turned ignition on whilst the airbag cable was disconnected it will generate a fault, fault will remain even if cable has been plugged back in)

Thanks for your great reply ... I am more interested in just getting the cord plugged in and the airbag working. ... any idea where the connection is under the seat?

Thanks for your great reply ... I am more interested in just getting the cord plugged in and the airbag working. ... any idea where the connection is under the seat?
Just under the (upper) metal base plate for the seat. One is the airbag, one for heated seats, the other is a mystery!

But after reconnecting the wires, you will still need to reset the airbag light.

1E7B03C4-58FB-4740-AAE8-E03A1C6F47D5.jpeg

Last edited:
The airbag connectors are yellow and the seat ones are directly under the seat base, almost central sideways and front to back, perhaps slightly rearwards, the driver's one is a an easy reference if you pop off the rear plastic seat base cover and have a look upwards.

A

Just under the (upper) metal base plate for the seat. One is the airbag, one for heated seats, the other is a mystery!

But after reconnecting the wires, you will still need to reset the airbag light.

View attachment 81854
If passenger side the 3rd connector will be the the seat sensor (mat) that detects someone is in the seat for the seatbelt warning

Wow! THANK YOU sooooo much for your help! I will get it done today! I sure appreciate it!!