Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Making custom seat covers - airbags and other potential issues weshould be aware of?

zinglefiffy

zinglefiffy

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello all,

My wife has bought some fabric that she would like to make seat covers out of. I've seen mention of seat covers being compatible with airbags but not been able to find out what we need to take account of when making our own. Is there anything we could read to clue us in, ie which seats have airbags to take account of and whereabouts are they? Also, any other gotchyas that we should be aware of?

Cheers

The seats should have airbag tags showing where the airbags are.

The usual is to leave a space in the stitching for it to exit. Definitely worth including

Hello all,

My wife has bought some fabric that she would like to make seat covers out of. I've seen mention of seat covers being compatible with airbags but not been able to find out what we need to take account of when making our own. Is there anything we could read to clue us in, ie which seats have airbags to take account of and whereabouts are they? Also, any other gotchyas that we should be aware of?

Cheers
The 2 front seats, seat back sides nearest the doors. Side Impact Bags that stop your head smashing into the door/window especially in a Side Impact.

Maybe add some velcro/hook and loop to the sides that are the thinner ones to let the airbags escape. I think you can get good design ideas from looking at pictures online of like Jackyards.

Thanks for the good info and ideas. We will post pictures of her handywork when they're done :thumb