Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat Covers

C

cdjpb

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I know there's lots of great info on this forum about which seat covers to get and I was recently taken by the Jackyards covers until I read their t&c's which state:

"Where the goods being supplied are seat covers and the vehicle to which they are being fitted is equipped with in-seat airbags we cannot warrant or represent that the in-seat airbags will operate in the event that they are deployed, as the goods have not been tried and tested in this respect."

Are they really worth the risk then? A muddy seat never killed anyone whilst an airbag that fails to deploy is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Or am I missing the point?

JB

Absolutely they are worth it if they are approved. I've just washed ours and they are factory clean, as are the seats which they have been covering. Ours are Brandrup so ok with airbags.

I get covered in all kinds of muck from cycling and for me its just the best accessory, tbh they should come with the van.

I do like the look of theses ones you've mentioned but have to work with airbags for me.

Last edited:
Not worth the risk, if something happend and the air bag did not activate, how could you live with yourself?

Brandrup and the clubs own seat covers are air bag safe. Jackyards are not tested so you take the risk and responsibility if you fit them although I believe they leave the side section open.

Covers yes!
But, if they are not compatible with airbags definitely not. I would imagine you would have serious insurance problems in the event of an accident where injuries occurred due to airbags not deploying properly.

I know there's lots of great info on this forum about which seat covers to get and I was recently taken by the Jackyards covers until I read their t&c's which state:

"Where the goods being supplied are seat covers and the vehicle to which they are being fitted is equipped with in-seat airbags we cannot warrant or represent that the in-seat airbags will operate in the event that they are deployed, as the goods have not been tried and tested in this respect."

Are they really worth the risk then? A muddy seat never killed anyone whilst an airbag that fails to deploy is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Or am I missing the point?

JB
I just bought these waterproof Inka seat covers as a stop gap. I collect my van Friday and have a dog so needed something quite quick. £119 for set for front and back. Available in both Argos and Ebay and are compatible with airbags. I read somewhere that T5 and T6 seat covers are the same fit.They are returnable if they don't fit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Califo...Covers-Grey-/401404350426?hash=item5d75904fda

Back