• Thread starter Chriswilson2401
  • Start date
C

Chriswilson2401

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi
I am returning to Manchester Airport T1 next week with my bike in a large bike box. My wife is collecting me in the Calafornia as there will be two of us.

Can anyone advise if there is a collection point with no height restrictions as 2m looks tight with awning fitted?

Thanks

Chris

Hi
I am returning to Manchester Airport T1 next week with my bike in a large bike box. My wife is collecting me in the Calafornia as there will be two of us.

Can anyone advise if there is a collection point with no height restrictions as 2m looks tight with awning fitted?

Thanks

Chris
I presume there must be a coach/minibus pickup point .

If you have a factory fitted awning then the high point is the centre of the roof , not the awning.
I regularly use 2m height restricted car parks.

Hi
I have now removed the awning and measured at the centre, it measures just under 2m so should be ok. I will contact them tomorrow to see if there is a minibus pickup just to be on the safe side.
Thanks
Chris

Don't push your luck too much but if a car park has a height restriction, you could probably get away with 2.1 to 2.2m as they have a margin for error. But I was in a multi-storey car park recently with a limit of 1.85m and my car was 1.9m and I didn't realise until I was driving out!

Hi

Thanks

Chris
I picked somebody up, and there is an oversized height car park right at the entrance of the car park.
So drive to the collection car park and hang a left into the over height car park.
Mind you, £12 for 25 minutes was taking the pith.

Back