Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manual aircon - rear only ambient temperature

HowieDog

HowieDog

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi all,
My new Cali has manual aircon and work pretty well up front although there are two issues so be grateful if any ideas...

1. Front - when set to blow air through dash vents, even though they are all open it only comes out of the outside ones and not the centre two either side of the radio. In fact, the dial is very stiff when rotated to that setting so I am guessing something to do with the operation of the flaps for these.

2. Rear - despite the rear button being depressed and lit up, the rear controls do not have any input on the temperature of the air from the vent which just blows out ambient temps.

Are there one or two compressors?

Thanks

1. front - sounds wrong, on mine if vents are "open" on the vent controls the outer ones blow whenever the selector points to footwell & the centre ones come on stream as you move it towards the 3 o'clock position of the dial.
2. Rear - is heating only not cooling - you need the full climatronic for extra cooling in the back. We've just been to spain in 30+ degrees with 6 of us in a SE, by leaving the rear heating turned off we found it stayed cool enough throughout. Not sure it would be the case without tinted glass though.

Back