Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manual roof won’t go up - help !

L

LYNNEAHERN

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all
I bought our beach in December and popped the roof once no problem
Went out today and I can’t get it to go up - undone the clips but it seems stuck and daren’t use too much force -
Any ideas ? Thankyou

Hi all
I bought our beach in December and popped the roof once no problem
Went out today and I can’t get it to go up - undone the clips but it seems stuck and daren’t use too much force -
Any ideas ? Thankyou

It will have "sealed" itself. It's a case of get under it, try to push equally on both edges and go for it....

They sometimes need a bit more grunt than you'd think if not used for a while.

It will have "sealed" itself. It's a case of get under it, try to push equally on both edges and go for it....

They sometimes need a bit more grunt than you'd think if not used for a while.
Thankyou will give it another go now with some more grunt

Now a case of remembering how to avoid catching the fabric in the clips when you close it!

Enjoy

This has been discussed at length before. Ocean owners seem to love them, many Beach owners find the different design and ability to monitor/ pull fabric manually means you don't need one.

My point was about rolling or folding the fabric away from the Beach safety clips, something no bungy solves.

I had my Beach for a year before I found out that the flaps of seat belt like material mounted on top of the clips are there so you can put the folded top fabric behind and under them, making it impossible to catch the fabric in the clip. Live and learn.

I had my Beach for a year before I found out that the flaps of seat belt like material mounted on top of the clips are there so you can put the folded top fabric behind and under them, making it impossible to catch the fabric in the clip. Live and learn.

I’m not quite following this but fear immigration be missing a trick here. Can you explain further? My seatbelt type clips rattle annoyingly when driving against the sliding hatch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not quite following this but fear immigration be missing a trick here. Can you explain further? My seatbelt type clips rattle annoyingly when driving against the sliding hatch!

No, not the straps with clips on the end. I'm talking about on top of the mounting points of the clip straps, lying flat and horizontal, are short flaps of seat belt like material, only a few cm long. After rolling the bellows material away from the clamp, you stuff the material behind and below these short flaps, which makes it physically impossible for the bellows to come in contact with the clamp.

No, not the straps with clips on the end. I'm talking about on top of the mounting points of the clip straps, lying flat and horizontal, are short flaps of seat belt like material, only a few cm long. After rolling the bellows material away from the clamp, you stuff the material behind and below these short flaps, which makes it physically impossible for the bellows to come in contact with the clamp.

Thanks that’s interesting. I’ll have to go out and have a look. I normally just stuff it behind the clips as far as I can and hope for the best. I’ve often thought with an Isotop in there it must be tight!

Thanks that’s interesting. I’ll have to go out and have a look. I normally just stuff it behind the clips as far as I can and hope for the best. I’ve often thought with an Isotop in there it must be tight!

We’ve an Isotop fitted, still all packs away.

Back