Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

mats / carpets

starbug

starbug

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
hi I'm after some mats / carpets for a coast ,so any recommendations or any for sale thanks.

Marvel Mats from Dunelm. They do plain as well as stripes. 2 cut to fit here. Only the back one needs to be removed to bring bench seat forward. To clean you can shake out, brush or vacuum. You can cut and it won’t fray. Also easy to wash and comes up nice. Size 80x150.7B4A8ADE-45CF-4C8A-BB84-FB293A99463E.jpeg

Marvel Mats from Dunelm. They do plain as well as stripes. 2 cut to fit here. Only the back one needs to be removed to bring bench seat forward. To clean you can shake out, brush or vacuum. You can cut and it won’t fray. Also easy to wash and comes up nice. Size 80x150.View attachment 78559
What sort of price are they?

This company do some nice ones.

851A93B9-5529-4696-9394-D31C4701ABE4.png

Marvel Mats from Dunelm. They do plain as well as stripes. 2 cut to fit here. Only the back one needs to be removed to bring bench seat forward. To clean you can shake out, brush or vacuum. You can cut and it won’t fray. Also easy to wash and comes up nice. Size 80x150.View attachment 78559
I,ll have a look at dunelm , I've not got my cali yet so wasn't sure of the size.

Campervan carpets have a very good reputation. They do bespoke mats for colours that suit you.
They are 2 rugs that sit ontop of each other for when you pull the seats forward.
Not got them myself as still waiting for our van, but will be ordering from them as soon as it arrives

Screenshot_20210517-204139_Facebook.jpg

These rugs are so good!!
I bought first one from a garden centre as a rug for central living area as I thought really matched kitchen trim so well, then found in Dunhelm and finally original manufacturer I believe, www.hugrug.co.uk
They come in various sizes / colours and quality is top notch but the colour that really matches Cali trim is “Candy slate”
They are very good for mopping up dirt and moisture, and are washable in washing machine (can you believe it) although I have not needed to yet

I have since put two in rear of van, top and bottom and even got large version and created two front floor maps by using existing mats as template
I cannot emphasise quality too much and such a good match for Cali trim

Just discovered website changed
Now hugathome.co.uk
Looks great. Tempted by their 100x80 .... wonder can you cut in half longwisi so you can just put one half on top of thecother when bringing bed forward?

I was referring to area by kitchen before. What size di you buy for behind the back seat? Thx

I recently bought a slide out drawer for the boot so moved my Brandup boot mat from the back to the front habitation area

I already had an Olpro mat in that space already
.. so I now keep the Brandup mat in place and for day to day use, I keep the Olpro mat on top. it‘s great for trapping the day to day filth from boots and dogs.
I am heading out this weekend so I will leave the Olpro mat at home. The drawer opens fine over the top of the Brandup mat so I will leave that one in.

Looks great. Tempted by their 100x80 .... wonder can you cut in half longwisi so you can just put one half on top of thecother when bringing bed forward?
Easy to cut with scissors and does not fray after initial. Even I cut out some new fun mats to match.
In main cabin use as mat. And don’t try to make as fitted carpet
Then mat is very easy to roll up if pulling out bed and just leave at foot of bed
I know it was 100 by 80 not sure within checking but left a border around it, not unpleasant.
one thing I did try to maintain was direction of grain so consistent with grain on cabinets, so in line with length of cabin, but that is down to preference
In the back I think I used two different sizes, top being bigger and also requiring cutting to deal with drivers side shaped wall. Very easy

I’ll check measurements later on and update
Hi
Just checked dimensions
I used 0.8 x 1m for cabin
Same for floor of rear
0.8 x 1.5m for top shelf, but cut down for actual size and shape ( easy with sharp scissors)
And for front floor mats used 0.65 x 1,5m for 2 mats (they are approx 0.7 x 0.6 each)

Marvel shaggy washable mat 60x100 in grey is perfect for the interior floor space of the Cali, and allows for the drawer to be opened, or for the seat to be pulled forwards.

Cost £18

The key to these mats is not only that they feel cosy and warm underfoot, but that they can cope with spilt coffee, red wine, muddy paws etc which is an occupational hazard with campervanning - you just take them out and chuck in the washing machine.

Back