Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Maxxcamp Isoset anyone? vs Brandrup Isolite

MaxRed

MaxRed

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi everybody!

I'm choosing windows blinds and basically stuck with 2 (oh well, 3) options. One of them is MaxxCamp Isoset, which promises very good fit (with magnets) and isolation, but a bit on the expensive side (128 EUR). However, I can't find lots of reviews for it...
The other one is well-know Brandrup Isolite, which is cheaper (98 EUR) but as I understand provides less isolation than one from MaxxCamp...
Also I find outdoor version of Isolite very appealing because it is easier to install and keeps window clear from the snow (in case it is snowing ;))

So, long story short, have anybody maybe tried both systems and can share their experiences? All other experiences are also welcome!

Thanks in advance!

I have the indoor isolight . They have velcro type fixings and are quite thin compared to the Maxxcamp ones shown in the video. Very quick to fit but you would have a problem if you changed vans as the Velcro would stay .They dont have the cloth material and are silver both sides unlike the grey / silver MXC.
I store in the roof also,no storage bag supplied . I am happy with my Brandrup ones but seem (as ever) expensive for what they are. Using this week to keep the van cool in very sunny Spain. Perhaps the 3 layer MXC are also suitable for keeping warm ? I do like the look of them.
Hope that helps

They have velcro type fixings and are quite thin compared to the Maxxcamp ones shown in the video.
Thanks! That justifies the Maxxcamp version, because it doesn't need velcro which is more convenient imho.
Also isolation is important, better isolation means cooler inside the van when we'll go in Croatia this summer.

Hi @MaxRed, did you get the Maxxcamp blinds and if yes are you happy with them? Thanks
Yes, quite happy! It was quite a hassle to place the magnets for the front blind, 2 of the magnets wouldn't hold - it was too hot and the double sided sticky tape couldn't hold... But even without 2 magnets it holds in place pretty okay, with help of the sun visor.
They are really nice and help to keep car warm or cold depending on the season.
But (as with any other internal blinds) in the freezing temperatures, in the night quite some ice grows on the windshield inside, needs some defrosting before moving...

Back