• Total voters
WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Which Memory 1 or 2 do you use to calculate Fuel Consumption?

Memory 1 - Fuel consumption calculated on a journey or multiple journeys BUT resets after a 2 hr stop.

Memory 2 - Fuel consumption calculated over 19,999 miles BUT resets at 20,000 miles.

Memory selected by pressing OK on a MFSW when ignition switched on and 1 or 2 shows in Top Left of the MFD.

For me memory 2 gives the overall fuel consumption, average speed, etc, but memory 1 is useful for those longer trips when I want to see what the soon-to-be-replaced Caravelle is capable of doing when driven economically at a steady speed.

You need another option - Excel :)

But of those options "Memory 2"

1 & 2 but I do not loose slep over it. I more obsessed with the price per litre for branded fuel.
What are you all paying around the UK.
Yesterday 99.9 for ESSO (Eastleigh) while SHELL up to £1.06 ( Lee-on Solent)

IF i calculate , very rarely , just note the km done and the diesel that went in.....;)
Easy as that!

1 & 2 but I do not loose slep over it. I more obsessed with the price per litre for branded fuel.
What are you all paying around the UK.
Yesterday 99.9 for ESSO (Eastleigh) while SHELL up to £1.06 ( Lee-on Solent)

Just went to ESSO express in Belgium , diesel 0,985 euro:D

IF i calculate , very rarely , just note the km done and the diesel that went in.....;)
Easy as that!
Being brits, we fill up in Litres, then measure distances in miles, so have to resort to the calculator to work out Miles per Gallon, because we can't get our heads around miles per litre, let alone litres per 100km!

+ Meoncoast

Filled up this morning at the Shell station in Burgess Road at 99.9p.

Filled up this morning over the border in Spain at 1.01 euro a litre. Alas not in the Cali.

Forgot to say it was 95 octane petrol....think the mucky stuff was 94 cents.

They are great visual indicators on most vehicles these days. But as HC says a quick calculation (quicker in EU) gives the most accurate reading (in my opinion). I have my dad to thank for that, but being used to 15/20 mpg and £490 road tax, I just put fuel in really :)

They are great visual indicators on most vehicles these days. But as HC says a quick calculation (quicker in EU) gives the most accurate reading (in my opinion). I have my dad to thank for that, but being used to 15/20 mpg and £490 road tax, I just put fuel in really :)
Not concerned about MPG, but how many people actually knew about M1 and M2.:):thumb

Not concerned about MPG, but how many people actually knew about M1 and M2.:):thumb
I was aware of them as its a similar menu to VRS, but the 2hour reset is something I was not aware of.

I like to home in on memory 1 especially when semi coasting down a 2 mile gradient,not a true picture I know but still a buz :bananadance

Thanks WelshGas. Other than to get fuel on Friday, the pooches had their first trip in the van yesterday as we had a 100 mile round trip for agility training. I spotted this whilst out and was wondering what it was. Came home and you'd answered my question without having to read the unfathomable user manual.:thumb
Keep the hints and tips coming for us newbies. I've got a lot to learn before I leave on Wednesday, and my list of things the dealer didn't know, got wrong, or couldn't help with now runs to a sheet of A4...:(

I tend to leave in M1 displaying the range. Having never owned or run a 3 tonne / 200bhp vehicle before, I find the mpg figures a bit scary!

Back