Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Methalated-spirit price watch!

pabloalfa76

pabloalfa76

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi All,

What's the best deal you can get on your Meths.

I'm buying from Tool-station 2lts £6.81 but I'm sure I'm paying too much?

Can you do better ( cheaper )?

Paul & Ash

I buy in bulk off ebay or amazon, depends where is cheapest at the time.

Currently APC looks cheapest, at around £60 for 20L inc p&p. So not much less than you are paying. Filling from a 5L bottle is a pain, so I decant into smaller 2L bottles.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20L-Methylate ... 1e7a080907

dan

I'm waiting to collect my California and a newbie. What do you use meths for in such quantity? I was planning on Gin and Tonic for trips away!

Not trying to get a bite! I had a T2 during the 80's and now buying a Beach, only thing I used meths for was pre-heating a paraffin Tilley lamp.

Approach the local tramps in your neighbourhood. Not the nouveau riche ones with vast body art and vicious dogs.

But the old school ones with real gravitas, proper beards, old trench coats, odd (or preferably no) shoes.

These guys will know. Best to ask in the mid morning ;)

:D

Early T4 based Westfalia Californias came with alcohol stoves as standard. The gas stove was an option. They swapped to gas as standard in the later T4s.

Not something you need to worry about for a modern Cali, unless the gin runs out anyway :D
dan

Thanks for confirming the need for meths - still learning at my age. There is nothing in the Beach so looking to buy Coleman unleaded stove and camp kitchen to go along with the portable Weber.

Good find Ron.

think p&p will be a bit higher, says a max 600g for that rate, not sure a 20kg parcel will sneak through!

Back