Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MFD Queries

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
12 months in there are still two things that I can't work out and can't find in the manual.

1. Does the MFD have two trip computers?

IMG_3970.JPG

On trip computer displays there is a 1 in the top right. This seems to suggest that I am viewing trip 1 and that therefore there is also a trip 2 (and maybe more) but I cannot find anyway of switching to trip 2. If there is only 1 trip computer then what does the 1 signify.

2. There is a display that indicates refuel capacity.

IMG_3972.JPG

But all this ever shows is the 3 horizontal lines. Is there any way of getting this working? Presumably it should show how much fuel to full. I can turn it off completely using Carista but not get it working. Again - am I missing something?

Fingers crossed someone smarter than me has dissed this.

I can help with point one:

Press the 'select' button on the underside of the stalk whenever you see the "1" in the top right of the display and it will toggle to "2". Press it again and it will toggle back.

Can't help with point two - haven't come across the refuel panel.

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
12 months in there are still two things that I can't work out and can't find in the manual.

1. Does the MFD have two trip computers?

View attachment 20755

On trip computer displays there is a 1 in the top right. This seems to suggest that I am viewing trip 1 and that therefore there is also a trip 2 (and maybe more) but I cannot find anyway of switching to trip 2. If there is only 1 trip computer then what does the 1 signify.

2. There is a display that indicates refuel capacity.

View attachment 20756

But all this ever shows is the 3 horizontal lines. Is there any way of getting this working? Presumably it should show how much fuel to full. I can turn it off completely using Carista but not get it working. Again - am I missing something?

Fingers crossed someone smarter than me has dissed this.

Point 1: if you press the ok button it cycles between both distance and average settings. Distance 1 is the latest journey and resets after 2hours with the engine off. Press and hold the OK to reset each at any time.

Point 2: Does not work on mine either, it just shows the - - - I'm going to remove it using Carista.
Think it is enabled for a Transporter.

From manual:
The memory collects travel and consumption data from the moment the ignition is
switched on until it is switched off.
The memory is automatically deleted whenever the journey is interrupted for more
than 2 hours. If the journey is continued within two hours of the ignition being
switched off, the new values will be added to the existing trip recorder
..me..

There are really three trip recorders - the one bottom right of mfd with the hard reset button on the bottom right of the dial panel. Then on the MFD, trip 1 that has the auto reset after two hours stopped, and trip 2 - the cumulative mileage - this auto resets at 3000km (not got manual handy to check), but you can reset manually as described above.
On the MF steering wheel the OK button toggles between 1 & 2.

Likewise with the refusal thingy - got it showing with Carista, but nothing ever happened.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DM
Thanks for the answers - at least to point 1. I'll check it out tomorrow.