Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Milton in water tank

K

keacal2705

Hi all,

Following advice from the holland wood meet, I have emptied my water tank and will refill with milton added. I have a 500ml bottle and have no idea how much the tank holds of water but I assume it wouldn't do any harm to pour the whole bottle of Milton in? Or would that be too much/too little?

Ta in advance.

Could not find it in the manual but the brochure says approx 30litres. This makes sense as the mannual does top say the waste hold 30litres.

Thanks. Must learn to try getting answers myself and not be so lazy :sad
I just googled it and a couple of websites say 30 litres.
Now I just need to work out Milton dilution! :headwall

No don't use whole bottle you will have difficulties getting rid of the taste.

From document on CCC site...

Add 2 half caps (30ml) of Milton Sterilising Fluid to every 5 litres of water (0.6% concentration). Fill tanks and pump through to tap heads. Leave for 15 minutes, drain off, flush out and refill with water.

I half fill tank, add miltons & go for a drive. Then pump some through tap & drain rest off. Then fill & drain tank a couple of times to flush it out.

So if maths were not wasted on me at school, 90ml of Milton for half a tank.
Assume filling half a tank is done on guess work? Or filling whole tank and then empty bit by bit until sensors show half?
So when you go for a drive, you are still emptying fairly soon after? I had visions of leaving it over night. :oops:

The Milton bottle says 2 capfuls per 5 litres.
I carry a 5 litre plastic can which I fill, add the Milton and pour it into the tank. Do that twice more , put the cap on and , like Andy I then go for a drive.
It seems to be quite important to wash it out afterwards. My wife complains about her mouth burning otherwise, even though I say that it won't last long, u til the next fillup!
This method means that you can sterilise your water container at the same time.... For free!

Back