Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Minor dents in sliding door

Erbster

Erbster

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Someone reversed into the side of my Cali and inflicted a pair of small dents. I went to a body shop for a quote and they told me they could do a pdr “if they could get the door trim off”. Can anyone advise on how easy that would be, as I don’t want the interior to be spoiled as a result of this repair.

When I had ours done, he drilled a small hole for the pdr tools in the side of the door then plugged it afterwards. Abs amazing job if you get someone that knows what they’re doing.

This is the before photo under light showing the hole.

30218336-6660-4343-9F96-2158BD727B65.jpeg

Dent-Tox in Swansea did it for £220 if you fancy a trip.

I got a second quote, who told me pdr would only be 60% better on one dent because it’s on a crease in the metal. Looks like the insurance will be involved...

In answer to the original question the sliding door trim is easy to remove & replace.

I got a second quote, who told me pdr would only be 60% better on one dent because it’s on a crease in the metal. Looks like the insurance will be involved...

So was ours: see pic above. Send a pic to Simon at Dent-tox and see if he can do it. Have a look at his before and after pics on his website and Instagram.

So was ours: see pic above. Send a pic to Simon at Dent-tox and see if he can do it. Have a look at his before and after pics on his website and Instagram.

Ours was a very noticeable clout on the side crease and Simon at Dent-Tox made it completely disappear like magic.

Back