Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Missing my gas connector on my new (2nd hand) california

J

jeannie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
So I sold my california naively thinking the one I was buying would have all essential bits for gas connection. I did not check the gas bottle area before purchasing and now find there is a vital bit missing. Should this have come with the camper please?
If so any idea where I may buy one. I’ve seen the same for sale but without the handle which is really handy to have
As an aside, the 4th bar for the bike rack is also missing but realise you can buy those and I stupidly left the brandrup mats for the drawer in the one I sold on …. As well as a full gas bottle. Did not think it through
Thanks

CE594907-307B-4534-94F0-D57FC1A8CFE6.jpeg

92B2EBCC-9788-45E1-8155-E2E9F51C0977.jpeg

So I sold my california naively thinking the one I was buying would have all essential bits for gas connection. I did not check the gas bottle area before purchasing and now find there is a vital bit missing. Should this have come with the camper please?
If so any idea where I may buy one. I’ve seen the same for sale but without the handle which is really handy to have
As an aside, the 4th bar for the bike rack is also missing but realise you can buy those and I stupidly left the brandrup mats for the drawer in the one I sold on …. As well as a full gas bottle. Did not think it through
Thanks

View attachment 97011

View attachment 97012
I guess you are missing the gok valve. Available from the club shop, or elsewhere online.

Screenshot_20220731-191407_Chrome.jpg

Thank you. Do you know where I might get one with a handle on it like the one I had on the van I sold I’ve googled but have not yet found one
Was it a Campingaz 907 bottle you had originally?

Thank you. Do you know where I might get one with a handle on it like the one I had on the van I sold I’ve googled but have not yet found one
The valve is a separate item. Found it here.

CF64C10B-EB6D-428D-8883-26748A30DFEF.jpeg

There are some things to be aware of. The Gok valve has an overpressure relief function. Looks like this function is not mandatory in the UK.

The OEM supplied regulator should have a KLF fitting which might not be compatible with the above adapter with integral handle.

There are some things to be aware of. The Gok valve has an overpressure relief function. Looks like this function is not mandatory in the UK.

The OEM supplied regulator should have a KLF fitting which might not be compatible with the above adapter with integral handle.
Ooo thanks for this. So you don’t have the one with the handle on yours?

As mentioned VW supply a Gok butane safety valve and a Gok 30mB regulator (also has some motorhome specific safety function I don't remember the details) both with KLF fittings. If you search for Gok in the club shop they're the second and third items available.

Campinggaz supply a easy to lose handle with the cylinder. It has a secondary function of sealing the cylinder when in transit. I've attached a little sticky velcro on my cylinders and velcro the handle onto the cylinder when the cylinder is in use.

Nothing to stop you going your own way with attachments etc but it's often easier to stick with what the manufacturer has come up with.

I can't tell if you have the usual regulator. I've posted links to both items below.

Typical OEM setup with handle velcroed to bottle.

PXL_20220801_103743600.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @jeannie, are your seat covers still available please? I am unable to reply to your other thread for some reason. Thanks :)

Hey @jeannie, are your seat covers still available please? I am unable to reply to your other thread for some reason. Thanks :)
Hi @bobbybasic you will need to be a paid up member to reply to Classified ads or PM members. I am guessing that is why you cant reply to the advert thread concerned