Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Missing our Cali already (whilst VW do some warranty work)

S

shambly

Guest User
I've got a loan LWB T5 today whilst our Cali has some warranty work done....

It had 40 miles on the clock on collection, so more than doubled now :)

I like the new 12V socket location on the dash - especially as my old Tomtom came out to navigate me home.

But... missing the rear view mirror (panel van), folding mirrors (parking for school drop off / pick up in narrow road), sound deadening (panel van doors don't appear to have any), DSG (manual gearbox is very tedious, especially the recommended gear display / nanny), rear seats (though Harry loved the view from the front cab), reversing camera (it did atlas have rear sensors), bluetooth, and just about everything else..... except the fuel economy (got more than 40 from this compared with less than 30 for ours).

Whats being done under warranty? The usual... rear sliding windows leak, steering column clunks (temporary fix only), register the roof paintwork for warranty repair now that an official fix is almost in place, rear bench seat not locking in place correctly some of the time, and elevating roof not staying up (unless put up, dropped 6 inches, and put up again; in which case it is absolutely fine)

Hoping to be reunited tomorrow...

Simon

Re: Missing our Cali already (whilst VW do some warranty wor

Hmmm.

Two new operating struts being fitted to the elevating roof means its touch and go for the end of the day :-(

Big job apparently…. (and one they hadn't ordered parts for, ahead of time, as it wasn't originally on the job card (not that I would have expected them to anticipate needing to replace them) )

Roof struts not a big job to be honest so shouldn't take that much time to be honest and hardly anything needs to be removed to replace the roof struts.

cheers

Good to know - thanks Alex

I also had a T5 panel van as loan on the two occasions my cali has been to local van centre. Have to agree not much fun to drive after the cali.
Hope all gets fixed OK Simon & you get your cali back soon.

Thanks Andy - We're now reunited.

Two new sliding windows and two new roof struts fitted.
Roof corrosion claim process started.
Steering column temporary fix applied and no clunk noticed on the return journey - which is good :)
Rear bench seat behaviour not considered anything out of the ordinary...

Drive home much more enjoyable than the drive to collect. Back in DSG heaven ;)

Simon

Back