Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Moderation

Perfectos

Perfectos

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
With the heavy moderation and deletion of multiple posts by multiple members on this thread and given the fact the the original poster has failed to even log in since the original post, Where he claimed to be a Vw trainer, to which several members expressed scepticism, which is most poinient given the lack of further interaction, (not even logged on) makes some of the deleted post even more apt, I’m just pondering how much sensorship is going on currently on this site .

I had a perfectly innocent and good natured post, in another thread, removed earlier today because there was a bit of Cali O vs B banter going on as is always th3 case, I had already contributed in the thread, but I had the temerity to post “hard hat anyone “, referring to the ongoing and generally good natured banter on this site regarding Cali O & B owners, to which the original poster of the thread responded with a quip, several posts were then removed, i was notified the particular post was removed as it was off topic ?

Can any of the mods assist in my understanding please.

With the heavy moderation and deletion of multiple posts by multiple members on this thread and given the fact the the original poster has failed to even log in since the original post, Where he claimed to be a Vw trainer, to which several members expressed scepticism, which is most poinient given the lack of further interaction, (not even logged on) makes some of the deleted post even more apt, I’m just pondering how much sensorship is going on currently on this site .

I had a perfectly innocent and good natured post, in another thread, removed earlier today because there was a bit of Cali O vs B banter going on as is always th3 case, I had already contributed in the thread, but I had the temerity to post “hard hat anyone “, referring to the ongoing and generally good natured banter on this site regarding Cali O & B owners, to which the original poster of the thread responded with a quip, several posts were then removed, i was notified the particular post was removed as it was off topic ?

Can any of the mods assist in my understanding please.
Thank you for moving the post from the original thread to this Moderation section, presumably, my question has been read, otherwise it would not have been moved, would it be possible to understand what is and is not allowed, I do not post to deliberately cause issue, in fact I think I go out o& my way o be helpful, Which I think if my post are read a# a whole will be self evident, I love this form, but I neeD a little guidance as to what is not acceptable as it seems since posting (and removing / modifying three post in one particular thread, where this post was removed from) I a, aware of various other posts by other members being removed from various threads.
My intention is genuine, and I seek some guidance so I do not transgress.

Appreciate any feed back please

@Perfectos , i have no problem saying i myself done quite a few moderation to the thread started by the new member saying he is a VW mecanic .

There was a very hostile way in responding and this we can not tollerate in any thread or post .

Lately there has been many heated threads and lots of calling names , a thing we do not stand for on the forum .

Moderation is not always right or wrong , it needs to be done if things get out of hand .

I myself sometimes can agree in a way with comments i deleted , but if there are others that are offended we need to take on a moderation.

Important thing is that non of the moderators or admins like deleting posts but it has to done from time to time.

In the thread you specific refer to is indeed the OP not been back online since the start of the thread therefore reason more not to keep bringing it back up.
Be patient and see what his next visit brings.

@Perfectos , regarding what is allowed and what not , that answer is very hard to find . One is offended with things another not even concider offending.

The forum has changed from a friendly bunch of cali enthousiasts to a bunch of frustrated namecaling people some using every chance to start a riot or reporting eachother : he said this or that and behave intollerate.
Don't know why don't know how , but it is ....

@Perfectos , i have no problem saying i myself done quite a few moderation to the thread started by the new member saying he is a VW mecanic .

There was a very hostile way in responding and this we can not tollerate in any thread or post .

Lately there has been many heated threads and lots of calling names , a thing we do not stand for on the forum .

Moderation is not always right or wrong , it needs to be done if things get out of hand .

I myself sometimes can agree in a way with comments i deleted , but if there are others that are offended we need to take on a moderation.

Important thing is that non of the moderators or admins like deleting posts but it has to done from time to time.

In the thread you specific refer to is indeed the OP not been back online since the start of the thread therefore reason more not to keep bringing it back up.
Be patient and see what his next visit brings.
Thank you for you response. I have sent a response before I received this post from yourself, for which I thank you for.

Briefly, I chose to modify and apologise for one of my posts, I chose to re word two others, and stated that on rereading it could have been considered to be negative, which was acknowledged by others, despite this my posts were removed, although some could still be read In Others response!
I do understand that moderation is required.
I am a active member of this great forum and will continue to be.

Please feel free to look closely at my post history, I am highly supportive and go out of my way to assist others, and provide information requested by others, I’m not here to cause trouble and stir thing up ( please check my post history since joining )

I merely want to understand what I need to be wary of, particularly as an innocuous post in another thread was removed along with several others members posts which were no more than banter associated to the post ?

Appreciate your feedback

@Perfectos , regarding what is allowed and what not , that answer is very hard to find . One is offended with things another not even concider offending.

The forum has changed from a friendly bunch of cali enthousiasts to a bunch of frustrated namecaling people some using every chance to start a riot or reporting eachother : he said this or that and behave intollerate.
Don't know why don't know how , but it is ....
On the hole I find the forum vey friendly, yes there have been some instances where things get close to the mark, but these mainly are due to political spats, not Cali related.

I appreciate your time and effort In Responding.

@Perfectos , i'm well aware you are a active member and contributing a lot , giving lots of useful info.
I think i can say that i read every new post in every thread , beeing logged in many hours a day , moderating and approving lots of posts.
As you say you edited some of your comment which shows you where a bit over the line .
Let's try and be fair and square , be patient in the outcome of that bespoke thread , we all are waiting for him to come and answer some of the mysteries of our Cali's
And if he is /was fooling us i totaly approve all comment;)

@Perfectos we all appreciate enthusiasic members, that’s what makes the forum so great. I also followed that thread and was considering deleting several posts, but other moderators did it instead.
My advice would be, in future, if you are concerned about the authenticity of a post or an OP then ‘report’ the post. That could prevent unnecessary upset of an innocent party, and also alert the admin to do checks on the OP account.

@Perfectos , i'm well aware you are a active member and contributing a lot , giving lots of useful info.
I think i can say that i read every new post in every thread , beeing logged in many hours a day , moderating and approving lots of posts.
As you say you edited some of your comment which shows you where a bit over the line .
Let's try and be fair and square , be patient in the outcome of that bespoke thread , we all are waiting for him to come and answer some of the mysteries of our Cali's
I edited my posts
@Perfectos we all appreciate enthusiasic members, that’s what makes the forum so great. I also followed that thread and was considering deleting several posts, but other moderators did it instead.
My advice would be, in future, if you are concerned about the authenticity of a post or an OP then ‘report’ the post. That could prevent unnecessary upset of an innocent party, and also alert the admin to do checks on the OP account.
The op can’t have been upset, he has not logged on since posting the original post, therefore the perception by some that the op may have been offended is a flawed perception.
Your point is noted and I will infutre take that route
Appreciate your time in responding

The answer that HC is looking for is - yes, i think you're right
he was a charlatan.
Time will tell , not everyone checks the forum like we do each 30min .
As i said above , if so then you can call him names;)

I edited my posts following comments from other posters, and on re reading I could see why they were misconstrued, therefore I did the responsible thing for the greater good

That OP can have been checking anonymous what the reaction was to his introduction.
There are lots of ways to read the forum , do you think i only read when my name is listed:oops:

And to be clear , when moderating a post it does not mean when your post or comment has been deleted it is permant deleted .
It's made invisible to everyone exept moderators/admins , one action can put all back as it was . But unfortunate most deleted post never see daylight again .

Thanks for the time and input guys were all here to learn and share our experiences, sometimes we just need to know the mechanics, so we can avoid the mistakes again.
I applogies if any of my posts were unacceptable.

As it used to say on my school report. “ must try harder”

And to be clear , when moderating a post it does not mean when your post or comment has been deleted it is permant deleted .
It's made invisible to everyone exept moderators/admins , one action can put all back as it was . But unfortunate most deleted post never see daylight again .
Or they get moved to the Three Cocks where they can be discussed ad infinitum without moderation.
Also might be worth adding, moderators are just members. No extra privileges, just a few folk who have time and offered to help. If you have time and think you can help and aren’t happy with what’s being done - people could always ask to be added as moderators.

Or they get moved to the Three Cocks where they can be discussed ad infinitum without moderation.
Also might be worth adding, moderators are just members. No extra privileges, just a few folk who have time and offered to help. If you have time and think you can help and aren’t happy with what’s being done - people could always ask to be added as moderators.
Thanks Alison, I’m aware you provide your time and effort, that’s not why I posted, I posted in the original posts to try and open a dialogue, and to understand how to avoid moderation, I now have a better understanding thanks to the responses from yourself and HC.
At no stage did I say I wasn’t happy, I merely asked for some feed back to allow me to understand and avoid moderation of posts, as I’ve said in many posts this is a great resource.

@AlisonF , you do have to pass the jury to become moderator ....how was your test?
:D

@AlisonF , you do have to pass the jury to become moderator ....how was your test?
:D
I’d like to say painful... but that wasn’t the case. I’m at risk of being moderated for going off topic so will leave it at that.
And thanks to @Perfectos for creating the post in this thread.

@all , don't know how many seem this and/or read it but if we all keep this rules in mind a lot less moderation should be needed imo.

Should we ask and sign a copy of the rules to each member:D