The Blue Merle

The Blue Merle

4x4 joker
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Hi

I have noticed my led display unit has lines running through it, so display is very hard to read (parts missing). I have removed and unplugged unit and have noticed moisture up in roof, hoping I can dry display out as new unit costs over £500! Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Also have flashing water tank gauge to say tank is full even with water tank empty, any help would be greatly appreciated

Just sounds to me that your display is knackered I'm afraid. Don't know about your moisture issue but if you have lines missing on your display then you'll be needing to replace it i think.
How old's your cali? Ours was over 5 years old when our panel was replaced earlier this year and after discussions with vw customer care they made a 40% contribution towards the cost. Without that I think you'll find the cost to replace is £700 not £500!

Hi
Thanks for your input, I have managed to dry unit out and all the lines have disappeared for now fingers crossed. I did notice this problem only started when I switched off top unit display, so I'm guessing it maybe worth keeping this unit switched on all the time at a little bit of power may help keep the moisture at bay.

Back