Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

More Power....Looking for Testimonials

EuropeanVanderlust

EuropeanVanderlust

Vehicle
Grand California 600
We know- another thread on power! We are in the process of adding more power to our 2020 GC600. We do not have factory solar, so just the one leisure battery currently. We know that lithium would be amazing- but that is not in our budget to upgrade to.

So we were curious to hear from those who have made changes to add more power- either built in or freestanding/exterior or combination of things. We have read so many threads on what you can do- but honestly it has made matters a little confusing, but what we would like to hear is what you have done and how has it changed your ability to stand for 2, 3, 4, etc. days.

We use our van a lot- just got back from 2.5 months (72 nights) in our van in Spain & Portugal- next trip is May and we will likely be 2.5-3 months in Norway/Sweden/Finland. The leisure battery is our major pain point-we actually love everything else about the van now that other issues have been addressed. We would like to be able to free stand for several nights.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences. We are currently thinking of retrofitting the original solar- but before we pull the trigger wanted to see what others have done and how it has worked out.

Diane & Marek

I did this regarding solar.
I am integrating a Bluetti AC-180 which allows me a fair amount of autonomy, I will soon produce a video of how I integrated it with the existing electrical system of the VW GC and how I manage to recharge it with the alternator.

(language is italian but you can have english subtitle)

I hope I was of some help

Back