Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC600 battery discharge

Stuarty_Reid

Stuarty_Reid

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi there.

Just receive our GC600 3 weeks ago.
We have been starting the van every week and charging the battery. Started it today after 6 days and says the battery is flat with isolator in the off position.
Common issuewith no solar power ?

20210307_140550.jpg

When you say starting the van - have you been driving at all?
Have you used electric hook up to charge the leisure batteries?

Hi there.

We have been starting the van every week and charging the battery. Started it today after 6 days and says the battery is flat with isolator in the off position.

View attachment 74734
Hi there, if it’s not being used you really need to plug it in to charge all batteries as firstly it charges the leisure battery first then the starter battery. Once they are both charged it will maintain them both.

If you are going to charge via running the engine (stationery) you might remember to press the regen button far left of the dash, this increases the revs and opens the alternator thus charges.

Hope all goes well.

Last edited:
When you say starting the van - have you been driving at all?
Have you used electric hook up to charge the leisure batteries?
Hi Alison.
Yeah we have driven 50 miles each time and battery reading is 100% but within a few days it is at 0%. Yeah ill need to buy the charging hook up lead and try a night on the mains charger

Hi Alison.
Yeah we have driven 50 miles each time and battery reading is 100% but within a few days it is at 0%. Yeah ill need to buy the charging hook up lead and try a night on the mains charger
I’d recommend something like a CTEK charger. A normal charge cable is fine if the battery has never been depleted. But a CTEK (or other make) can recondition IF the battery is not destroyed. Maybe borrow one in the first instance?
Let’s see if anyone else on here has other advice.

Hi there.

View attachment 74734
Maybe it’s because I’m not from Aberdeenshire!

Mine’s been on permanent hook up since December. Leisure battery perfect and starter fires perfectly for the weekly shake down loop.

Mine’s been on permanent hook up since December. Leisure battery perfect and starter fires perfectly for the weekly shake down loop.
Mine to no issues, also bar heater and dehumidifier

Maybe it’s because I’m not from Aberdeenshire!
Be careful. I’m “City” not “Shire” as I learnt early on as an English person relocating from Norway. The lady from the council put me in my place very quickly.
But, back to the task at hand...
I wonder if the battery is draining from something being connected? Or was it already drained on delivery?
It seems there are a few GC threads on the same issue (hopefully not all from Aberdeen(shire))...

Be careful. I’m “City” not “Shire” as I learnt early on as an English person relocating from Norway. The lady from the council put me in my place very quickly.
But, back to the task at hand...
I wonder if the battery is draining from something being connected? Or was it already drained on delivery?
It seems there are a few GC threads on the same issue (hopefully not all from Aberdeen(shire))..
Ha got that Alison, my 600 hung around at the port on the first lockdown for 3.5 months and took this up with the dealer but no fault found and to date all fine but gets plugged in if standing any more than 2 weeks.

Ha got that Alison, my 600 hung around at the port on the first lockdown for 3.5 months and took this up with the dealer but no fault found and to date all fine but gets plugged in if standing any more than 2 weeks.
Frustrating for you. I’d use a CTEK as well to see if that can help recondition it.

Hola
Es muy importante que vigiles muy bien ese consumo.
yo estrené una GC 600 y observe por las noches muchos ruidos Tipo reales.
Y eso que hacía pruebas como tener la nevera desconectada,agua y calefaccion en of y seguía igual.Si el vehículos no se usaba en 4 días..... ya ni arrancaba.
Vehiculo en taller y ...... después de 45 días de pruebas y más pruebas..... se decide por parte de concesionario suministrarme otra,ahora después de 5 meses largos de espera, por fin feliz en la nueva GC 600.
Los consumos no son ninguna broma , te recomiendo que documentes todo lo que te ocurra.

Update. left mine unplugged for 6 nights and control panel said 100% and 6 hours. However nothing switched on and the isolator in the on mode

Hola
Es muy importante que vigiles muy bien ese consumo.
yo estrené una GC 600 y observe por las noches muchos ruidos Tipo reales.
Y eso que hacía pruebas como tener la nevera desconectada,agua y calefaccion en of y seguía igual.Si el vehículos no se usaba en 4 días..... ya ni arrancaba.
Vehiculo en taller y ...... después de 45 días de pruebas y más pruebas..... se decide por parte de concesionario suministrarme otra,ahora después de 5 meses largos de espera, por fin feliz en la nueva GC 600.
Los consumos no son ninguna broma , te recomiendo que documentes todo lo que te ocurra.
Translated:
Hello
It is very important that you monitor this consumption very well.
I debuted a GC 600 and observed a lot of real Kind noises at night.
And that I did tests like having the refrigerator disconnected, water and heating on of and it was still the same. If the vehicle was not used in 4 days ..... it would not start.
Vehicle in workshop and ...... after 45 days of tests and more tests ..... the dealer decides to supply me with another one, now after 5 long months of waiting, finally happy in the new GC 600 .
Consumption is not a joke, I recommend that you document everything that happens to you.

Back