MOT question?

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
i know for the normal annual MOT you can have the Test carried out upto 30 days before the due date and still retain the due date + 1 year on the new MOT certificate.

What about the 1st MOT at 3 yrs. Does anyone know if the same rule applies.

My date of 1st registration is 1st Dec 2014. So could I get the MOT in mid November and have the certificate dated 1st December 2017?

I have no idea but still a great question:thumb

my dealer advised it so that any warranty issues were spotted before warranty ran out.
Top tip that one. Can't believe Starlight will be 3 in December.

Ours is due while we are away so got it done well before. Lost a month but it does mean that the van will be MOTed well before it's due for taxing. Gives plenty of time to sort any problems.

Yes get the MOT before the warranty runs out I had mine done and it failed on a broken rear spring both rear springs where replaced there and then under warranty.

Ours is due while we are away so got it done well before. Lost a month but it does mean that the van will be MOTed well before it's due for taxing. Gives plenty of time to sort any problems.
Remember that if it fails the existing MOT is no longer valid and your insurance may not be valid as the vehicle has to be in a roadworthy condition.

With all of todays computerised data it might get picked up on an NPR camera as having no valid MOT.

A mere pre MOT check wouldn't get put on the system but you'd pay twice.

Remember that if it fails the existing MOT is no longer valid and your insurance may not be valid as the vehicle has to be in a roadworthy condition.

With all of todays computerised data it might get picked up on an NPR camera as having no valid MOT.

A mere pre MOT check wouldn't get put on the system but you'd pay twice.
Not a problem this time as it is having a Service and still under warranty and won't be leaving the Garage until legal, but I understand the point you're making.

Back