Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Motorcaravan Show - Birminham NEC

Kimmhu

Kimmhu

VIP Member
Hi,
Just wondered if anybody has been or is going to the Motorcaravan show? We're looking for a few accessories for our Beach - namely, drive away awning & roof cover. So wanted to know about any experiences & whether it's worth the trip?

Thanks

Kim

Sorry Kim not been in my Vw campervan lifetime .. It doesn't help that it has caravan in the title ... Lol :)
I think a few have been and should be able to let you know what it's like ... I tend to get all I need from seeing others use it and getting ideas what i want and then Internet ordering it or local camping store can be good. We get a lot of idea feedback on the forum for most things :)

Kimmhu said:
Hi,
Just wondered if anybody has been or is going to the Motorcaravan show? We're looking for a few accessories for our Beach - namely, drive away awning & roof cover. So wanted to know about any experiences & whether it's worth the trip?

Thanks

Kim

After looking through the forum and some advice - for my Beach I've ordered the smaller kyham driveaway compact for my Beach. The price is good and we only need a small space, possibly to change but mainly for storage.

I have to admit, the word, 'caravan' puts me off too but I am sure there will be lots of things there to start saving for :)

James

Hi Kim,

We used to go to various shows when we had our motorhome :oops:

You will find plenty of general camping accessories here but very little if not nothing in the way of anything dedicated to the California. I don't even think VW exhibit the Cali at places like this, there will however be many many VW conversion companies there.

I went to the NEC well before buying our California. All VW brought were three Touaregs and two girls with very long legs but no knowledge of T5's. :eek:

Not sure about the accessory side but from recollection I didn't see much you couldn't buy in towsure.

Harrythecat said:
I went to the NEC well before buying our California. All VW brought were three Touaregs and two girls with very long legs but no knowledge of T5's. :eek:

so - not such a bad day out then?

James

I went yesterday, just to look about.

VW had a dismal display of the Cali. One lonley looking 12 plate, Olympian blue on 16" wheels. Roof reading light had already been snapped off, no display of all the toys, ie, camping chairs, table, awning or accessories. And hence, it wasn't getting much attention.

The well displayed conversions were getting A LOT of attention :doh

I wanted to start selling it myself!

I must admit it wouldn't be a port of call If I was looking for a Cali or strangely a conversion thinking about it .....

Thank you all for your replies.

Very useful information. We have the cali beach already - so are going for some goodies to go inside and out! Already saved up so hopefully (within limits) should be able to buy some toys.

However, our main aim is the cozy and a kyham awning - we've done the research and read all the info on various forums (including this very important one)....so after reading all your comments so far, I still can't decide whether it's worth the trek out - or whether to just go for ordering over the internet...

hmmmm....may wait for any further comments...and maybe decide last minute? So please, please keep posting....

Thanks again for all your replies.

As it's only 40 minutes away, we tend to pop in for a stroll around.

Will probably pop over on Saturday

Kimmhu said:
However, our main aim is the cozy and a kyham awning

The Khyam awning tends to be quite big and heavy - not something I would want to carry for a long way to the carpark etc... and in my experience these days, the shows don't tend to have any significant savings compared to buying online (neither do many people at these shows tend to carry much stock!)

just arrived back in Norfolk after a day at the motorhome show , all the numerous conversions there, confirms we definately made the right choice in the Cali department,as nothing comes close or compares . :cool:
so a very good day out
dave and lisa