Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Advice

What are peoples opinion and experience on the bell tent style awnings eg Dubpod ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks nice, but the adventurer is huge & you may struggle to find a big enough pitch.

Both sizes look more appropriate to camping in, rather than as an annexe to a Campervan.

I would certainly want to see the size of bundle that makes when its packed up.

For a fortnights stay in one location they look good but I wouldn't want to tour with one.

Thanks. Was certainly only considering the smaller version. With 2 kids and a large dog for anything more than a night or 2 we need a bit more space. Will look into packed size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're not totally set on airbeam you could consider the Khyam Dubhub which has pre-attached spider=like poles. It's spacious and has a clip-in bath-tub groundsheet plus fully zip-off-able sides so can be wind/rainproof and cosy or open event shelter style.

It's a bit of a beast through.

We went with a Kamper Cross Air. Perfect size for our family of 4 for 2 more or nights. We place our porta potty in the enclosed corridor between the van and the awning.

Don’t forget your drive away awning kit! We got a vango one that fits directly into the metal channel, forget about using the useless rubber channel.

Back