Blakey

Blakey

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Just picked up our Beach. Lovely.
Fitted 2 children's car seats. Sorted.
Want to shift rear bench forward. Hmmm.

In our old SE you just pulled lever and seat came forward on rails. The lever I am trying to pull, labelled 2, doesn't want to pull out.

The manual seems to imply you need to pull lever 1 and drop the rear seat back onto the seat before you can slide it forward. Please tell me this isn't so? Is it?

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
Blakey

congrats on the new Beach!

Yes you need to pull lever 1 to fold the back rest forward onto the seat. Then pull lever 2 and the whole seat should slide. Our lever 2 was quite stiff when we first got it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks heaps for the swift response.

That's a shame then. Looks like we will need to remove the child seats and pick the exact location we want the rear bench to live in and then stick the seats back in. Less flexible than I was hoping for but not the end of the world...

Cheers
Blakey.

Just an update. I tried this today and it works great. Once the back seat rest is down the whole rear bench slides effortlessly back and forth. A bit of a pain that we have to take the kids seats out to do it but at least I can do so if needed.

Thanks for the advice.

Blakey

Do you know if there is any possibility to modify rear 3 seat so you can move it without closing it.
Thanks a lot

chopperdentist said:
Do you know if there is any possibility to modify rear 3 seat so you can move it without closing it.
Thanks a lot

Great question. It seems weird that they would add this requirement when it was never the case on the 2-seater in the SE.

Hi, I have the same problem. Tomorrow I will be initiating a 24h trip and I was unable to move lever 2 even when the seat rest completely down.

It seems it is not a matter of how much force you have to apply but more like a blocked string or cable, making the bench understand that is still in the upright position -like when the lever 1 has not been pulled out- and therefore avoiding to unblock the lever 2.

Urgent help will be much appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.

Hi, I have the same problem. Tomorrow I will be initiating a 24h trip and I was unable to move lever 2 even when the seat rest completely down.

Whilst pulling lever 1 out put all your weight onto the folded down backrest. If it's like mine it may 'click' at which point lever 1 will retract all the way and lever 2 will become active.

HTH

Matt