Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mud flap bolt loose

Dottybus

Dottybus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi Guys,
Whilst cleaning the bus yesterday I noticed that the passenger side front mud flap was hanging down.
Upon further inspection, I realised that the bolt that holds the flap on was hanging down in its holder. I undid the screw and took out the “sleeve”that fits into the underside of the chassis and then tried to persuade it back into its hole with a light tap. I then re attached the mudflap only for it to drop down again. Do I need to put a bit of arraldite type glue in the hole to hold it in or am I missing a trick here? The other fixing is drilled into the plastic wheel arch and has no fixing problem. These are factory fitted on a t6 ocean.
.8FFB2E1E-BD81-4994-AABA-7BFE5D8EC26B.jpegA7B54F59-470D-41E3-A8E0-EFCE87C9CF21.jpeg

loctite is the answer - i dont think you are missing a trick Dotty

Hi Guys,
Whilst cleaning the bus yesterday I noticed that the passenger side front mud flap was hanging down.
Upon further inspection, I realised that the bolt that holds the flap on was hanging down in its holder. I undid the screw and took out the “sleeve”that fits into the underside of the chassis and then tried to persuade it back into its hole with a light tap. I then re attached the mudflap only for it to drop down again. Do I need to put a bit of arraldite type glue in the hole to hold it in or am I missing a trick here? The other fixing is drilled into the plastic wheel arch and has no fixing problem. These are factory fitted on a t6 ocean.
.View attachment 49935View attachment 49936
Which bit drops down, the Screw or the Sleeve?

Which bit drops down, the Screw or the Sleeve?
The sleeve. Apparently I have been told it’s a blind rivet. Hand as my mate is lending me his gun and a new rivet. He tells me that as they are fitted in the factory with air guns if it is not quite in it expands the wrong side of the hole. Therefore not being any good!

Back