Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Muji Drawers

Roc1

Roc1

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
These look like a good bet for storage under the multiflex, can I ask which ones fit as there are a few sizes on their site and as I haven't collected my Beach yet I can't measure the space.

At some point we'll get the CFX28 fridge which will be under there too, so just need a storage solution to go next to it.

Also what do you put in these drawers? Clothing or general camping stuff, like kettle, pans, dry food, plates etc

These look like a good bet for storage under the multiflex, can I ask which ones fit as there are a few sizes on their site and as I haven't collected my Beach yet I can't measure the space.

At some point we'll get the CFX28 fridge which will be under there too, so just need a storage solution to go next to it.

Also what do you put in these drawers? Clothing or general camping stuff, like kettle, pans, dry food, plates etc

We have four Muji drawers under the multiflex, 44cm wide, 55cm deep:
2 x 24cm high - 48cm total
1 x 30cm high & 1 x 18cm high - 48cm total

All our cooking and dining utensils go in them plus tinned and dry foods.

There is space between the drawers under the multiflex and our double burner stove slots in between.

Our CFX28 straps behind the front passenger seat so we have easy access to it for picnic items without opening the boot. If the tailgate has bikes loaded accessing the boot for a picnic is not a practical option.

When camping the Muji drawers stack in the awning and can be used to make an incredibly handy kitchen area with everything you could need immediately to hand and well organised.

We have four Muji drawers under the multiflex, 44cm wide, 55cm deep:
2 x 24cm high - 48cm total
1 x 30cm high & 1 x 18cm high - 48cm total

All our cooking and dining utensils go in them plus tinned and dry foods.

There is space between the drawers under the multiflex and our double burner stove slots in between.

Our CFX28 straps behind the front passenger seat so we have easy access to it for picnic items without opening the boot. If the tailgate has bikes loaded accessing the boot for a picnic is not a practical option.

When camping the Muji drawers stack in the awning and can be used to make an incredibly handy kitchen area with everything you could need immediately to hand and well organised.
Thanks Tom sounds like a good set up. Will prob strap the fridge behind the passenger seat like you say. Makes sense really.

Thanks Tom sounds like a good set up. Will prob strap the fridge behind the passenger seat like you say. Makes sense really.
All the below fits in our Beach boot below the multiflex and behind the bench seat when in the correct position on the rails for making the lower bed.
IMG_2085.JPG

The plywood crates and gas box slot in behind the bench seat, the shallower crates removed to make the bed.
IMG_2053.JPG

The Muji drawers and stove go behind the plywood crates. A plywood board sits on top of the four plywood crates, level with the top of the multiflex.
IMG_2084.JPG

Crates and drawers and the plywood board can be combined to make an incredibly useful kitchen work area in an awning or tent.
IMG_2846 (1).JPG

Last edited:
All the below fits in our Beach boot below the multiflex and behind the bench seat when in the correct position on the rails for making the lower bed.
View attachment 60480

The plywood crates and gas box slot in behind the bench seat, the shallower crates removed to make the bed.
View attachment 60481

The Muji drawers and stove go behind the plywood crates. A plywood board sits on top of the four plywood crates, level with the top of the multiflex.
View attachment 60482

Crates and drawers and the plywood board can be combined to make an incredibly useful kitchen work area in an awning or tent.
View attachment 60483
that looks great!

I have the Muji drawers for my Beach, thanks to Tom @Amarillo. An excellent bit of kit, and much less expensive than a pull out drawer.

May have to wait until their stores open, £25 delivery charge to get them online!

May have to wait until their stores open, £25 delivery charge to get them online!
You do need to remove some (pretty useless) clips and hooks from under the multiflex for them to fit under the multiflex. I can't even recall fully what the clips and hooks do, but something to do with holding bits of the shortened multiflex in place or to help shorten the multiflex. I'm sure someone can assist. I don't miss the missing bits, and still have them in a box somewhere if I ever need to replace them.

You do need to remove some (pretty useless) clips and hooks from under the multiflex for them to fit under the multiflex. I can't even recall fully what the clips and hooks do, but something to do with holding bits of the shortened multiflex in place or to help shorten the multiflex. I'm sure someone can assist. I don't miss the missing bits, and still have them in a box somewhere if I ever need to replace them.
There is one foldable hook to support shopping bags so that they don’t fall over when you go around a curve (fairly useless), and another longer rubber flexible hook to tie up the large part of the multiflex board to the back of the 3 seat bench while the small part is folded down, so that you can put tall loads in the back (actually, very useful, but pales in comparison to the functionality of the Muji drawers, and can be replaced with a strategically anchored bungee cord).

Back