Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Multi vehicle Breakdown Cover UK/Europe

Frankyworthy

Frankyworthy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi All,

I've had a good read and can't find a thread about this.

We have a 2011 Cali in black. Also 2 other cars.

Looking for all in one breakdown cover. UK for the cars plus UK/European for the camper.

I've been surfing around. C and CC comes to £230 pa.

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/products/insurance/motor-breakdown-cover/

Age UK much cheaper at £140.00 pa.

Anybody got any better ways of beating this? Single trip cover v Annual. Personal cover v Vehicle specific?

Thanks

Paul

The AA cover the member no matter what car as long as it is less than 16 yrs old. RAC cover upto 3 registered vehicles no matter who the driver is..

Took Safeguard insurance package which includes full UK & European breakdown cover.
Also have RAC cover for any vehicle. Was in my Wife's name and renewal quoted as £210, she cancelled & I took out a new policy in my name for £174 and got a £50 fuel card so saving £90ish on the same cover from the RAC. UK only cover. Any vehicle for both my Wife & me.

Last edited:
Took Comfort insurance package which includes full UK & European breakdown cover.
Also have RAC cover for any vehicle. Was in my Wife's name and renewal quoted as £210, she cancelled & I took out a new policy in my name for £174 and got a £50 fuel card so saving £90ish on the same cover from the RAC. UK only cover. Any vehicle for both my Wife & me.

So you ditched RAC and took Comfort insurance which includes any vehicle break down (inc Campers) UK and Europe?

I have an insurance policy for breakdown. Covers wife and I and any vehicle. Costs about £30 PA. I've used it twice and had very good service. They cover all costs of recovery. Am on the road at the moment but LMK if you want details and I'll post when home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you ditched RAC and took Comfort insurance which includes any vehicle break down (inc Campers) UK and Europe?
No as we have the Cali plus 2 cars.
European add on cover with RAC expensive but is for full year on Safeguard (error when put Comfort) with no time restriction on number of days actually on the continent. Most European cover is restricted to xx days per year. We spend about 3 months in total in France per year.
Must admit to duplicating cover at present.

No as we have the Cali plus 2 cars.
European add on cover with RAC expensive but is for full year on Safeguard (error when put Comfort) with no time restriction on number of days actually on the continent. Most European cover is restricted to xx days per year. We spend about 3 months in total in France per year.
Must admit to duplicating cover at present.

Thanks.
That's why I could find no mention of break down cover on Comfort.

So to clarify, Cali plus 2 cars, insurance + breakdown inc Europe - all with Safeguard?

I have an insurance policy for breakdown. Covers wife and I and any vehicle. Costs about £30 PA. I've used it twice and had very good service. They cover all costs of recovery. Am on the road at the moment but LMK if you want details and I'll post when home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes please re details. Thanks

Does it include Europe?

Thanks.
That's why I could find no mention of break down cover on Comfort.

So to clarify, Cali plus 2 cars, insurance + breakdown inc Europe - all with Safeguard?
Sorry to confuse.
Cali with Safeguard. UK & Europe.
Any vehicle that either my Wife or I drive covered in UK by RAC Includes the Cali so now that has Safeguard, VW and RAC options when needed. Belt and braces in the end but RAC really only to cover the cars but covers the Cali as any vehicle covered, even yours if I was with you.

Anyone thought of Nationwide Flexplus offering + £10 per month - it's a bank account that offers breakdown (UK and Europe on any car including home start for any vehicle owned by the account holder). You also get the usual other perks of travel/mobile insurance included. Our T6 is still covered by the standard VW policy at the moment, but we use Flexplus for other cars & take advantage of the other benefits. Not had to use them on call out yet but think it's provided by Britannia Rescue. We have Joint account and so both of us covered for the one £10 fee. Anyway might be of interest to someone, but if so worth a call just to make sure that Cali is covered first for reassurance.

I echo the post of iamchucky, I also still have the three year warranty breakdown from vw.
There are a lot of bells and whistles that come with the flex plus for a tenner each month. Other vehicles, mobiles, travel, etc etc... so I think really good value.
I hope I never have to use, but how good they are..... will be when I need the cover and have to make a call.

Back